Q&A Forums

Your Opinion on Transfer Pumps for Coating Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 04:11 PM
Your Opinion on Transfer Pumps for Coating
We cover all our spf with acylic coating. We use IPM transfer pumps to push coating from the 55 gallon drums to our coating pump.

The transfer pumps usually work great, but they sometimes plug up if they a left in near empty drums and coating dries on the pump shaft.

One of our applicators claims that we would be smarter to invest in a more powerful coating pump and not use a transfer pump at all...just use a pvc pipe with a screen.

Anybody else quit the transfer pumps?

Thanks,

Brian
www.roofcrafterswest.com
Linerman
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 07:56 PM
If you're refering to your "A" side pumps, you could just remove from the drum and store in dynasolve or DOP which is recomended. You can always use diaphram pumps, but they can cavitate if you don't load the material properly.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 08:49 AM
Most contractors spraying acrylic are something capable of 2-4 gpm. Since I sell Graco, that would be a GMax 7900 through GH733 or GH833. These are airless gas models, some contractors will move right into pneumatic, such as Xtreme Sprayers, formerly known as the Bulldogs, Kings, etc., now known as the NXT. However, these models require a lot of cfm to run, but can also spray silicone and other thicker materials.

Call me if you would like more information 480.966.6390
clint moore
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:15 AM
The 733 & 833 are hydraulic,what is cool about it is if you are using a hydraulic proportioner you can run off the same hyd. tank eliminating the gas motor and tank. You just mount the hyd. motor and the lower on the wall. 833 does not have exchangable lowers though. 1-888-920-1313
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:26 AM
HMMMM, you got an 800 number now eh?
clint moore
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 03:19 PM
We always did,I'm just now coming out of the closet.
One number,all locations,coast to coast.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 09:15 PM
Exactly how is that done with the what was called "slaving the pump" to the old gusmer H machines right? And purpose to save on purchasing a hydraulic head?

PS I knew you would come out of the closet
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 10:07 AM
Pretty hard to beat a 5:1 Monark for coating transfer.

go gettum,

oG

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.