Q&A Forums

Which proportioner? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 02:00 PM
Which proportioner?
OK, trying to decide between the A5 and E-20 now that I know the A5 should still be supported for a while. Pros and cons of each? It looks like air and power will be no issue with this deal I am getting on a genset and compressor so beyond that, which does everyone like better, why and etc?

And if anyone has not heard, it looks like the Glascraft line will take over the air portion of the line and the hydraulic proportioners will be dropped and Graco will drop their air pumped line. It isn't a 100% yet but that is the inside word I have managed to get and they were pretty solid on that being the plans from the take over.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 04:56 PM
Of the two you list I would suggest the A5. However I would suggest looking at a hydraulic unit and spend the extra money now. I have a used E-20 I would gladly sell!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
quentin
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 08:09 PM
E-20 was that bad? LOL, ok then. I would look at a hydraulic but that is overkill for my intended market at first. When I am going big enough to need a crew to help then I will look at getting a big unit but I have to s****** string a lot of it to get it started.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 08:16 PM
A hydraulic unit is for any market. Buy now and save over having to buy equipment again later. Don't get me wrong, the E-20 sprays foam well but for high volume you can't beat the hydraulic units. I have been told that the A5 can keep up with just about any amount of spraying you could do except for maybe foam roofing.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
travis fails
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 10:39 PM
how much for the used e-20
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 08:59 AM
i have been told that the e20 is a good unit but, has the heart beat of a squirrel. imho, you shouldd be compairing the a5 and the e30. both are good machines. very reliable. i went with the a5 cause i would rather work on pneumatics than electronics. terry has an e30 and loves it just as much as i like my a5. i notice that the material coming out of the fusion is a much finer mist, more atomized, and lays the foam down prettier than the p2. the p2, on the other hand, is MUCH lighter. and easier to work on. i would tell you that glasscraft has much better customer support than graco but, that point is mute. good luck
Ryan Slagel
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 03:34 PM
Well guys i dont really anything about the A5 so i can not comment on that, however i have sprayed with the E-20 nice machine not enough output. i think u should at least get a an E-30,H-25,or even check in to what gama has to offer, I am not bashing glas-craft, i just know that time is money, and an extra 2k now will save you that much more in labor cost. Also i hear a lot of great things about the P2, Myself i spray with the GAP-PRO. Well guys i just thought i would through my thoughts in.

Northwestern Polymaster.
ROBIN LONSDALE
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 04:01 PM
Have you considered the A-20? good machine for foam

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.