Q&A Forums

What to use? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Brent Stewart
Posted: Nov 15, 2006 10:52 PM
What to use?
I am a newbie and have been spraying .5lb I now have a couple of jobs that reqire the use of 2lb. I have the fusion ap and the fusion mp, which one should I use? What tip and mixingchambers would give me the best pattern and smoothest finish. Also what should my temps be as well as my psi. Any hel is greatly appreciatd.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 08:48 AM
Is this for studwalls? If so, the finish is of minimal importance.

I would try the same tip for 2-lb and see how it goes. If the tip & gun are clean it should spray well.

regards,

olger
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 09:31 PM
I would use a round pattern instead of a flat tip.
Ryan Rhoads
Posted: Nov 18, 2006 08:44 PM
Spray with your AP gun, I prefer a 4242 tip due to my machine keeps up with it a little better. be sure to window box your cavity and spray behind electrical boxes. I prefer to spray behind and then around any electrical boxes first. Another thing 2 lb. foam may require you to overlap each pass more than the 1/2 lb. I overlap 75 to 80%. Here in cold colorado I have to keep my barrels at about 80 degrees to ensure my B side gets pumped to the machine correctly. As far as temps go I run about 125 degrees A side and 130 degrees B side. But that changes with the brand of foam. If your pattern is off or you are getting a really rough surface change your temps a couple of degrees.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.