Q&A Forums

What to Tell Consumers? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 08:11 AM
What to Tell Consumers?
Ok I know the positives of SPF but what and how do you touch on the other parts. Do you wait untill you got the job and your signing contracts? Do you throw it in right away but brush it off as minor details? How do you deal with the issue or r-value if r-38 is required but your only installing r-28? What about the added equipment cost when using SPF, do you provide it in the bid, give estimates on cost or just tell them to talk to their hvac guy. If anyone else has anything that is an issue with SPF I would appriciate it before I run into it for myself. Don't get me wrong I love SPF and the business but I want to be as educated as possible before I get some unwanted life lessons. lol
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jul 23, 2006 09:16 PM
Ok after much research I understand the need for mechanical ventilation also have found that lower cost units are availible $500-$600 bucks installed. Apperntly the HVAC guy I work for likes to rape people I found the same unit that he charges an additional $3500 to install for $400 retail. That is probally why I have never installed one in the 5 years that I have worked for him. I still believe that they are not very efficent because if you do the math the warmest that it can warm the incoming air is 1/2 the difference so if it is 60 inside and zero outside the incoming air is only 30 and needs to be heated and that is if it was 100% effiecent and they are not. regardless $500 is no big deal but $5000 is .

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.