Q&A Forums

What kind of tip do I need for this? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Ed Phillips
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 09:43 PM
What kind of tip do I need for this?
I have a Graco Fusion AP Gun. I have a couple of different situations on an upcoming job.

1 is an area 12" x 12" x 12' boxed in area
I need to be able to spray either OC or CC and get good coverage on the under side of the decking in this chase. These are spans between Joist that have decking above and below and 12" I joist separating each chase. I can access the spaces only from one end. There are 14 of these chases.

The other area is basically the same only 18" wide 12" high and 22feet long. There is living space above and it's outside air on the other side of the T&G planks covering the underside. There are 18 of these chases built out of I-Joist and covered on both sides already.

Is there a long tube type extension available or a tip anyone could recommend to try and get good coverage in these areas?

It would be ok to either spray 2" of CC or fill the entire cavity with OC.

I need to do this job on Friday so I need to order the tips or whatever and have them before then.

Thanks
Ed Phillips
Phillips Foam Insulation
Ed Phillips
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 08:46 AM
I found the spray tips I think I need in the Graco Fusion Manual Looks like they are rated for 15 feet at a 10" Pattern so that should work. I can get to both ends of the 22' span.

I am still open to any suggestions from the pro's.

Ed
travis fails
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 04:45 PM
the cannon tip you found will work but you have to watch while you are spraying because the foam will be hitting the sides, top, and bottom and will be building up so you chould have some voids in there that you cant see. Can you drill holes toward the centers and fill outwards toward the openings.
Ed Phillips
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 08:50 PM
On the 12' areas I can only access from one end, They are not critical. The 22' long sections I can access from each end and if I had to I could remove a section of floor decking above.

I was hoping to find some type of tube type extension like 5 or 6 feet long to reach further in but I will try it this way.

Thanks
Ed

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.