Q&A Forums

What kind of drum pumps work for you? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 10:26 AM
What kind of drum pumps work for you?
I am about to junk the Graco Fastflo's and 2:1 pumps in favor of a better, more positive pump. I looked at the IPM OP 232C and like it, but our trailer roof is 2" too short to extract the pumps without having another man tilt the drum for you. I won't buy a pump that needs two-men to change over.

Currently looking at ARO.

Diaphragm pumps would be nice but they won't work with the dumb 245fa resins - they cavitate.

Thanks and have a great day,

olger
Posted: Apr 01, 2006 08:18 AM
olger,,i use the ipm pumps...
i keep 2 kits in the trailer each with their own pump..this is the most i can apply in a residential in a day...i yank em and change em out when empty,usually every other day...
no i dont like the extra time spent on this, but i didnt want the "high profile trailer" so this works for me for now..
this fall will build bulk tanks and will pump from outside the trailer to the tanks...kinda like a filling station..(hope to go to 250 gal totes instead of drums too at that time)
(i want to keep the transfer of fluids out of the trailer cause im a messy guy and im gonna dribble no matter what,,and i dont wanna cheese up the trailer)
i use diaphragm pumps to transfer from my Fluids rig(read old crappy stepvan) to the spray rig on those really big jobs..pump from drum to drum utilizing the 3/4 bung...1 man does this while we keep spraying away...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.