Q&A Forums

What does everyone use for a respirator? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 07, 2006 11:08 PM
What does everyone use for a respirator?
I just ordered a NorthSafety full face respirator. I have never used one. I'm hoping it works better than the half face. Anyone know what kind of filters that I will need for it?

Thanks
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Mar 08, 2006 12:40 AM
Is this what you bought?

<---- See related link.
Posted: Mar 08, 2006 12:45 AM
That's exactly what I bought. What filters do I need with it? There are so many for so many different types of vapors and such.

Thanks
Trey Gibson
Posted: Mar 08, 2006 08:40 AM
Just bought some from Grainger yesterday. They are the ones that are olive with the magenta label. North Model #75scp100. Hope this helps
Posted: Mar 08, 2006 09:12 AM
Thanks, foamer1. I called the North Safety company two days ago to ask them and I lost the part number. This filter works good for you? With the half mask I was using I kept getting a wiff of foam every now and then--not good. Hope this full face works better.

Thanks
Trey Gibson
Posted: Mar 09, 2006 04:05 PM
Yeah they work good so far. We use the half mask with the Advanz-Lenz goggles. Our peice of junk Allegro air supply goes out every other week so that thing is about done. Just for anybodies information, don't buy the allegro fresh air system. Ours broke after only having it for a couple of months and they refused to replace it saying iso got inside, which is kind of hard to do since the thing isn't ever near any iso.
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 02:42 AM
use a 3m 6900 full face with their organic vapor cartridges..also use their 1/2mask...well the employees wear these when cleaning up...

been so long since i had the supplied air hood on,,but i think it is SAS brand hood...

i also have supplied air hook-up for the 6900...

remember to keep a 1/2 mask or some other type of filtered mask available when you remove your full face to change lens covers or any thing else...even though you cant see em,,you are breathing the vapors....

keep the supplied air pump FAR AWAY from the spray area...remember that as you seal the structure the structure will draw or blow through the remaining openings...putting the airborn airosols directly over the pump...
iso sensitivity is real...
get a base line pulmonary function test done so that if you have problems in the future your MD has a baseline to reference to...
take shortcuts and you will suffer bronchitis at the least in a relatively short time of daily spraying....
enjoy!
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 07:45 AM
For filters you need organic vapor cartidges and particulate filters. I use 3m # 6001 for the cartridges. The particulate filters (#5N11) are held in place over the organic vapor cartridge with a plastic retaining ring (#501). Don't mess around, make sure you have the right stuff. I want to grow old.

George
thomas malloy
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 12:05 AM
i had this problem when i started spraying , the only thing that will proyect you against vapors is supplied air there is no filter out there that will protect you.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.