Q&A Forums

waterfoam? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
philip mullins
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 08:00 PM
waterfoam?
hey bud, hope you had a good holliday season.

there is a local spf contractor in my area that for the past year or so has consistently priced his jobs for a lower dollar amount than i can even purchase the chemical for to do the job. figured he would have gone broke or learned how to measure by now. well he hasnt. so i went on a job that he won that i bid and talked to the customer. sheetrock was already up so i didnt see the foam but the customer said he loves it. said it was the neetest thing when it was installed, the guy sprayed the chemical on the wall then sprayed water on it and it just swole up! i think the technical term for my question is... WTF?
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 06:02 AM
killer...respectfully,,
swell,,,swollen,,swelled..

from slang dictionary:
swole= to be extremely buff
or to be pissed off...

example: man that troutkiller is swole

im with you WTF...lol
mason
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 08:02 AM
I don't think you could make that story up. But, it sure sounds out there!
Tim Wojnarski
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 09:40 AM
It may not be that far off the deep end. Companies like Deneef and Avanti have been making hydrophilic and hydrophobic foams for things like injection grouting for years. If memory serves, I believe the single component foams were all hydrophilic and required water in order to activate. I also remember that they were notorious for shrinking once the water was no longer present. It's been a while since I dealt with these, so I may be a little fuzzy on the facts and please, correct me if I am mistaken. If this "waterfoam" is a legitimate system, I sure would like to know who is selling it.
philip mullins
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:30 AM
found some similiar applications for roofing and such but nothing approved or even designed for insulation.i think this dude is gonna have to be held accountable for what he's selling as cc foam
Terry Adams
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 11:58 PM
don't tell the preacher man cuz he'll be using holy water and calling it a miracle

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.