Q&A Forums

warranty Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jeff and Brennen Baker/Westfall
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 06:21 PM
warranty
Why is there no warranty with the large dow froth paks? If the foam is installed correctly it seems Dow would warrant the foam to do what ist is supposed to do. What happens if the foam pulls away from the wall or there is a bad batch? Anyone have any answers?
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 10:03 PM
Let me borrow your rig, spray your foam and have you warranty it for my customer. Fair enough?

Even if they did warranty the foam, the disclaimers would release them from all liability. As for "bad batch". I wont say that never happens, but I will say we use that for an excuse more than we should. Anyone that has sprayed foam has times when things happen that can't be explained, only excused as "bad batch".
Jeff and Brennen Baker/Westfall
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 10:39 PM
Pat, wow...sure didn't mean to make waves. I was just asking why there was no warranty. We are new in the business and asking questions so we will know more. We'll have to check into our warranty a bit more..dig a little deeper because of your post and we appreciate it. Any information is going to help us gain information to be the best applicators we can possibly be for our customers.
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 03:28 PM
Send the tanks back to DOW-
They have to record the exact amount of product they shipped for the Feds/DOT/Homeland Security. On return of the tanks, they can tell you what ratio's you sprayed and how much chemical you've got left in the tanks. Sometimes, though I don't know how, they can tell you what the temperature was when you sprayed.

Make sure you record the DOT Numbers off the tanks before you send them back and log your complaint with the point of sale.

9 times out of 10 it's either the ratio or the temperature that affects your yield and your quality. It takes less than 4 hours for the chemical to cool off and more than 4 days to reheat depending on what size froth pak you used. And if the chemical was cold-you have little to argue.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.