vortex chillers Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 30, 2006 09:51 PM
vortex chillers
re:vortex chiller
try this
take a cooler..
buy 25 ft copper tubeing more for a bigger cooler,,duh
drill hole in each side towards the top...
put tubeing spriral in cooler,,do not unwind..use quick ties to hold spiral (duct tape for the mechanicaly challenged)
put one end of tubeing out of each hole in the cooler ends,,caulk penetrations and plumb to work with the supplied air lines fittings..
put ice in cooler..1 bag in center of spiral tubeing wrap... and the other just poured in for the beer after the work day has ended,,just kidding..think osha,,think insurance,,,more important think reputation...
these are available retail but are easy to build..and a fun project to boot..

hope you all are being safe in this unrelenting heat...hydrate,,,go slow,,hydrate...,figure the margin is like the dog days of winter...hydrate,,
and dare i say hydrate again..
beware of headaches,cramps,grumpyness,,,when its ugly head is evident...stop and take care,,,for the day if you can,,for at least 2 hours if you cant...,,crashing and burning can only make a bad situation worse,,,,nothing thats bad gets easier the second time...
stay cool
Mike Glace
Posted: Jul 31, 2006 07:04 PM
Man you aint kidding it was hot as hell spraying today. Myself and the other sprayer were having a hard time keeping going were only able to pump out one set of open cell.
Posted: Jul 31, 2006 09:59 PM
i have a freeze-pak vest that i break out mid morning...it lasts about 2 hours in this heat..
welcome to the gates of hell....
but man if feels great when its fresh!!!
need to find the cfm requirements for my air powered vortex chiller...
will post it when i find it...
air hogs no matter what the number is...
Posted: Jul 31, 2006 09:59 PM
i have a freeze-pak vest that i break out mid morning...it lasts about 2 hours in this heat..
welcome to the gates of hell....
but man if feels great when its fresh!!!
need to find the cfm requirements for my air powered vortex chiller...
will post it when i find it...
air hogs no matter what the number is...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.