Q&A Forums

Variation in foam R values Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Richard Russell
Posted: May 31, 2007 10:26 AM
Variation in foam R values
Does anyone have any handy links to reports on range of R value likely to result in a real application, for both open and closed cell foams?

I imagine there would be a fair amount of variation in the resulting foam, depending on application temperature, A/B proportion control, lift thickness, catalyst, yield, etc. I would think that somewhere some foam vendors have had a number of foam samples tested to see how uniform the applied product is.
Posted: Jun 02, 2007 07:41 AM
Does anyone have any handy links to reports on range of R value likely to result in a real application, for fiberglass batts, bibbs, and the packed as well as wet sprayed cellulose systems?

i would bet there is a large variation in r values with these products as well,,,how dense is it installed??how is this installed density ensured???how does the water in the glue affect the final dry density? when a batt is cut for a less than press fit or stuffed into a corner of small cavity how does this affect the rvalue???,,,what is it after it has settled or after it has gotten wet and dried a few times from condensation???

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.