Q&A Forums

Using more iso than resin Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Rob Wisneski
Posted: Oct 08, 2014 04:09 PM
Using more iso than resin
I always seem to have 2-3 gallons of resin left over from a set. I only spray 2 lbs. and have been using my e30i for over a year now, and it is pretty consistently leaving the same amount in the resin barrel.

Now the second question, what does a guy do with the left over resin?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 08, 2014 09:20 PM
Typically with any sprayfoam, the iso is heavier per gallon than the resin. The sets are sold by weight, not volume. Let's say you get 1,000 set, 500lbs iso and 500lbs resin. This iso weighs 10.1 lbs per gallon at 70 deg F, but the resin weighs only 9.5 lbs per gallon at 70 deg F. That means in each set, you get 49.5 gallons of iso, but 52.6 gallons of resin per set. Your E30I proportions the material at a 50/50 ratio by volume, not weight. So if everything is running perfect, you should have 3.1 gallons of resin left at the end of every set. You should be combining these resin drums into a drum and then simply buy just a drum of iso from your supplier. I am curious if you asked your supplier about this and what his answer was. Did he have a clue? If not, you should find a new supplier!

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.