Q&A Forums

upgrading heaters on an e-20 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Brian Bothun
Posted: Jan 16, 2011 10:10 PM
upgrading heaters on an e-20
Is it possible to ugrade the heaters on an e-20?
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 03:54 PM
brian,,
if you are havin trouble makin and holdin heat,,
consider the heat blankets and or band heaters,,
deliver the machine warmer fluid makeing its heaters work more within their capacity,,,
heat the trailer,,keep the drums warm,,think summer,,,when things worked good,,
good luck,,
mason
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 04:05 PM
Most proportioners do have different heaters that can be installed to increase their delta T. I am not sure about the E20. How about it equipment distributors? Can you upgrade your heaters on an E-20
Brian Bothun
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 04:13 PM
I just spoke with George from NHSprayfoam and he thinks that the heaters in the exp-1 should work. He's going to be checking into it a little later and posting tonite.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 17, 2011 09:11 PM
Hi Brian,

As discussed, you can change the 1500 watt heater rods that are in your E20 to the 2550 watt heater rods that come in an EXP1. They are shown on page 59 of the manual on left link. You should also change the orings that go around the rods. I think that this would be a worthwhile upgrade for anyone with an E20 in a northern climate. The rods are the only thing that would need to be changed, not the breakers or any electronics.

I must confess that I was traveling today and speaking with my Graco rep. I posed this question to him and he sent a quick email to Graco tech. I had a definitive answer within 30 minutes on my crackberry. It was as I suspected, but wanted to give credit where credit is due. Thanks Kevin and Barry @ Graco!

Hope this helps!

George Spanos
President
Spray Foam Distributors of NE Inc
Dean Nash
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 04:41 PM
Brian-

How are you powering your E20 currently?

If using a generator, make sure you have the KW's to power the unit with the new heaters as the change will likely result in a need for more power. Good luck.

Joe
IME
Brian Bothun
Posted: Jan 18, 2011 10:53 PM
I was running a generator but that broke down so i'm currently using shore power on a 50 amp breaker. With the extra 4000 watts I believe it will pull 72 amps requiring an 80 amp breaker.

That 40kw genset with the 60 cfm rotary screw is starting to look pretty appealing that NextGen is advertising

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.