Q&A Forums

Turtle getting there! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 06:27 PM
Turtle getting there!
Been busting my rear and working hard to get an SFI company going and making small steps as I could afford them. LLC formed, web domain purchased, trailer (Found a racing car trailer with heat,/ac, wired up and some other nice things for $2700.00 this week) and some of the minor items like suits, gloves and etc. Now just praying this place can finance the equipment!

It has been slow but I am getting there and thanks to all for all the help I have gotten and continue to get!

Also for anyone interested, the federal government has added green technology in the set aside requirements next year so spraying bio will get you a boost if you go after that market. Like most everything else, if you get the government in to it then they tend to filter it down to states and local while also getting big jobs and exposure. If you want I can point you in the right direction. Just drop me a line if you are interested.
Gary Galloway
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 10:01 PM
Where are you located ??? Have you ever sprayed form before ??? You said you got a race car trailer for $2700 What is its GVW ??? The reason I ask is that I made the mistake of buying a trailer that could not handle the weight of the drums and equipment. Fortunately I was able to sell it and get one that had a much heavier weight carrying capacity without losing money on the deal.
quentin
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 06:43 AM
Ohio
At least 10,000lbs! It has been used to haul two and three race cars and all the equipment with them at a time. It has two 9500lb axles so even with all the weight of the trailer it has plenty of headroom.

A good place to look would also be at vehicle auctions. I found out a week after I committed to getting this one that there is an auctions once a month an hour from here of repoed vehicles and confiscated ones. I found out from a friend about it and he said he sees great trailers there all the time going for dirt cheap because few thing about them when going to those kinds of auctions.
Michael Flander
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 02:46 PM
Two 9500 lb axels? Wow.... 7' or higher ceiling is also important, or make sure you buy diaphragm pumps :).
quentin
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 08:24 AM
I haven't measured it all yet but I know I can stand in it and not worry about bumping my head so it may beat the 7ft mark. I am 6ft and it is big! Home built racing trailer that the guy felt the best engineering was to make sure it was able to handle twice what he needed or something. It pulls nice and has plenty of room though the inside needs redone and a paint job on outside but for $3100 total it was a great deal for this area. Normally anything decent is grabbed up ASAP by the various grounds maintenance companies and etc. Also it turns out this guy has a lot of friend in the construction industry and likes the idea of foam so may even make the costs back though him with work.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.