Q&A Forums

Tricks to cleaning mask Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 04:19 PM
Tricks to cleaning mask
I am looking for a good way to clean my mask any tips?
Michael Flander
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 05:03 PM
The lens or the mask itself?
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 07:24 PM
Cleaning both
Michael Flander
Posted: Mar 09, 2007 09:34 AM
Are you using lens covers? This allows you to simply put a new cover on when you cannot see through the old one anymore.

The foam should not stick to the mask itself all that well, most of it should peel off. You can try cleaners and solvents on both, but make sure you test a small area first to see if it harms the mask.

Thanks,
Mike Flander
Brian Ahrens
Posted: Mar 09, 2007 10:13 PM
The best product to use is Rain-x wipes,I have been using my current mask for over a year and it still looks brand new. After a few cleanings the foam will wipe off with just your finger it is simply the best and each cleaning will take only a minuate or two. To keep my mask clean while spraying I use a 2.5 gallon ultra clear polypropelene bag pulled over my entire head and mask. When the bag gets hazy a quick spin is all it takes to see great again . The best part is my mask is always clean, and the bags cost only pennies. I got my bags off the net, 5000 for 60 bucks they work better than anything else. And yes I always use a supplied air respirator when I spray!
Ron McMullin
Posted: Mar 29, 2007 11:35 PM
I have been using Sams plastic wrap, it is cheap, but your idea seems better, Where can I buy those ultra clear plastic bags?
John Shockney
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 12:03 PM
I've tried the lenz covers ( three covers that seem to all come off when you pull the first tab)and the plastic wrap too!!

But I will have to agree that the best thing I've used is Rain-x and Rain-x wipes!!!!
I started using Rain-x wipes 8 months ago and I don't use anything else!!

I just tried the plastic bag but didn't like it (harder to see), I carry the wipes with me in a cloth nail apron and wipe the overspray off as needed.

When it comes to cleaning and sanitizing your resporators run them through the dishwasher when your wife is out shoping.

hope this helps
thanks
Airpro
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 02:38 PM
I tried the rain-x wipes. Maybe I had the wrong ones but they did NOTHING for me! I use closed cell foam and the wipes would not touch the overspray. Can you give me your "recipe" for success?

Thanks, Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
John Shockney
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 04:30 PM
I will say that closed cell is tougher but if you get a good coating of Rain-x on the face sheild it acts as a parting compound and the foam will not stick and comes right off. Using the wipes to clean the face sheild just makes it easer to reapply the rain-x.

The only other thing I can say about closed cell is that you have to clean more often, not letting overspray build up too much.
thanks
Airpro
Circle-D
Posted: Mar 30, 2007 10:20 PM
So you guys just use the wipes? No lens covers at all? Sounds a lot more hassle free than trying to get covers on and off.

Airpro: You say "Using the wipes to clean the face sheild just makes it easer to reapply the rain-x." Is this a rain-X soulution your applying or does it come in a wipe form, or both. How often does it have to be reapplied? everytime you wipe?

Sounds like the spinning bag idea should work good too. I'll look forward to trying it.

ATT.inc: Do you remember where you found those bags? Thanks everyone
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 09:59 AM
My favorite way to keep my mask clean is to buy cheap page protectors for wal mart. I cut them in half and use a piece of duck tape to attach them to my mask. At the start of the day my guys will make up 20 or so that way when it gets dirty and the foam won't rub off I just get a new one. I still use the lens covers but those are just for back up. Using this system also keeps your whole mask much cleaner.
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 10:39 AM
i use scott motocross goggles, with tear-offs. i started using generic tear-offs to save money. i get 20 for 6 dollars. they fit perfectly, i can see thru ten of them stacked together, and 30 cents is cheap.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 31, 2007 09:01 PM
Tim,

Did you wipe the mask when it was new to condition it with the rain-x? I think that the foam you are using is more adhesive than most.

Geo
Scott Dennis
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 11:39 PM
Does anyone know where to buy the "Ultra Clear" bags on the internet? I have been trying to find some to try out and see if I can spray using them. I thought I had some that would work, but turned out to be a little to cloudy to see. Thanks!
Brian Ahrens
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 05:27 PM
WE ORDERED FROM GT BAG WWW.GT BAG.COM 1-800-735-3950 ITEM # P5BG15X22+4 POLY PRO 1.4 MIL BOTTOM GUSSET
They are ultra clear!!!!!
Circle-D
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 09:32 PM
Am I looking in the wrong place? You said above 5000 for $60 bucks. This website tells me $157.99 for 1000?????. I pay $150 now for 1000 lens covers and you still have to tape them on, so it still isn't a bad deal. Skip
Larry Melito
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 10:45 AM
we also use the rain-x wipes but while we are shooting we use walgreens clear packaging tape it cost around $3 a roll and is good for about 40 changes. tear off retape and keep going. About once a month take goo gone and clean adhesive off mask reapply rain-x and start over.
Rob Granger
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 05:53 PM
I use a product called Let-Loose made especially for foam. I spray it on my lens cover- not to much or it gets cloudy/milky When it gets dirty I rub off the overspray with my cotton glove. It works great for CC
Circle-D
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 09:26 PM
I tried the ultraclear bags today. They worked great. The foam doesn't stick to the bags. You can wipe it off and go again. After 3-4 wipes it gets a little hazy, then you just spin the bag and start again. You can spin the bag 4 times till your back at the beginning again. If you wipe it 4 times also that equals 16 lense changes. The bags ended about about 20 cents a peice including shipping. Lenses are 15 cents a piece plus shipping for one use. Not only is it a cost savings, the aggravation factor of taping and peeling lenses is eliminated.
Randy Meier
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 10:05 PM
Where did you buy your plastic bags from?
Brian Ahrens
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 12:06 PM
WE ORDERED FROM GT BAG WWW.GT BAG.COM 1-800-735-3950 ITEM # P5BG15X22+4 POLY PRO 1.4 MIL BOTTOM GUSSET
They are ultra clear!!!!!
Have a great 4th of july every one!!! Nicole
Posted: Jul 03, 2008 06:24 AM
used to use peeloffs...3m's
now useing release agent..light spray on lens and away we go...saving BIG $$$...
works very well with no residual residue on lens..
'dude
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 02:50 PM
Pick up some of our wax for your mask then you can wipe the foam off your tear aways two-three times before you need to pull it off. Wax you entire mask with this stuff and when you put your mask in respirator sanitizer the foam will fall off.

Steve
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 12:45 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUS? Rain-X, ultra clear bags, I'm so glad I joined up here, I was still buying my clear lens peel offs for a #$%&#* $1.00 each, stupid me!!!!! Thank you all for the info.
Where can buy the replacement "O" rings for a P2 cheap? Where can I buy foam for less than $1850.00 set oc & cc? I also need a new whip!
Are there any spray foam Leprechans out there that if you catch em, they will clean and replace all filters and "o" rings in all your guns and rigs??????? Got my fingers crossed!!!
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 08:23 PM
Give me a call Hoss, we'll hook you up with a new whip. I got a good source for o rings too.
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 10:12 PM
Race car tearoffs two buttons on the mask and drill holes in the right place stack ten up and pull them off with out letting off the trigger.
.15 cents each
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 04:40 AM
To get a truly clean paintball mask you must remove the lens and visor from the mask body. The way to remove lenses and visors from the mask varies from brand to brand. Once the lens is removed, go over the edges of the lens clean the inside and outside of the mask.
=====================================
maria

[url=http://www.conquiztador.com/?a=26041]Trivia Game Challenge[/url]
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:09 AM
We use a release agent by chem-trend. It comes in a aerosol can. Been using it for 5 years. Works great.
Posted: May 25, 2016 08:51 AM
thanks for provided all the information it is really helpfull and unique realated to canvas cloth
Posted: May 27, 2016 08:53 AM
all the information given is really helpfull. We are engaged in Non Woven Filter Fabric that is manufactured by well known companies. Our polyester filter fabric is available in standard sizes and can be customized as per clients’ specifications. Our polypropylene filter cloth provides excellent quality performance.
Filter Paper dealer

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.