Q&A Forums

Trailer Design Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 05:25 PM
Trailer Design
I have just purchased a 30 kw genset and now need to redesign my trailer. I have a gas air compressor, Graco E 30, 160'of hose, need room for 2 sets, small work bench. The trailer is a 16' nose cone.

Should a wall be built around the generator at the front? If not I am afraid it will throw too much heat and I will end up with shaving cream in my drums in the summer. The dimensions of the genset are 56"long x 26"wide x 38" high.

Any suggestions on how this should be done?
clint moore
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 09:49 AM
If your trailer has a side door,mount your generator just back from the opening. Leave ample room for the air compressor to go all the way to the front. Mount the E-20 at the rear facing the hose and rack. Hopefully you have a 10k GVW trailer.
I would out a divider wall in and put my work bench against it.
Big cat ernie ladd
Posted: Jul 07, 2012 02:21 PM
But! there are big advantages to adding a wall. One is, you can put your generator and compressor together in what is known as a UTILITY Area. A wall will separate the noise as well as act as a heat barrier or thermal barrier.You cam foam the wall to pervent heat transfer as well as sound. Incase of a gas or eletrical fire the foam wall will help protect your machine. Ive ben doing this for 15 pluss years. I think adding a wall or a utility area is your best way out, Professionaly and its safer. But you will need a means of exaust and air flow.
clint moore
Posted: Jul 09, 2012 04:20 PM
Meant to say PUT not OUT. Oops.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.