Q&A Forums

Touch up foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dan Hansen
Posted: May 03, 2012 12:29 PM
Touch up foam
I had an entire house foamed. The basement rim was not done as good as I hoped for. Some areas are very thin and I can't get the contractor back. How well do the box kits work? I am looking at covering 100 sqft at 1" to 2" depending on the existing coverage. Anybody have any experience with one manufacturer working better than another?
richard sucher II
Posted: May 03, 2012 05:21 PM
we have sold conveneince products foam kits for several years with few complaints. cold weather can be a challenge but with higher temperatures, should be no problems. kit foam is harder to control so could be tough to get 200 board foot out of 200 bd. ft. kit. yield loss of 10-15 should be expected. make sure to use charcoal filtered mask and cover up. make sure you have good ventilation. try a 200 kit and you should be able to get close to 1.5" avg. coverage. good luck.
Jeremy Slosek
Posted: May 23, 2013 10:40 AM
A 200 Board Foot Do It Yourself spray foam kit would be perfect for a touch up job as you stated. We use the kits personally for small touch up areas as well as sell numerous kits around the U.S. On our website you can find the 200 board foot, 600 board foot, as well as small touch up guns for around windows and doors. I would be more than happy to explain the process to you once you are ready for application. 315-822-0095

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.