Q&A Forums

Those new Diimon machines look interesting. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 05:04 PM
Those new Diimon machines look interesting.
Anybody have one?

Nice to see innovation & options on the equipment side of this industry, especially after Graco's attempt to create a monopoly.

Looking forward to visiting the Diimon booth at SPF 2010.

have fun,

oG
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 06:58 PM
I'm buying a Foam Max rig this spring.

www.foammax.net
Donald Tiskevics
Posted: Apr 07, 2010 09:04 AM
How's that foammax rig working out for you?
SPFer
Posted: Apr 08, 2010 07:35 PM
I call foammax for some info and pricing on their rig. The guy I talked to told me they were 6 months out from the time of commitment to delivery of rig. I asked for a price and he never got back to me.

Not impressed with that.
Bob Silverman
Posted: Apr 08, 2010 11:21 PM
I was listening to diimon at their booth in florida. From what I gathered, the machine would automaticaly adjust itself if it was off ratio. The way it did this was by relieving pressure on the high side and dumping it back into the tanks. The machine did this after the material went through the proportioning pumps. Maybe I didn't understand, but to me it looked like it could create an off ratio situation. If you had a restriction in the gun on the iso side which caused the iso side pressure to spike, and then the machine automatically balanced the pressures by relieving the high side pressure, wouldn't that result in spraying off ratio foam? I did not have a talk with them, but came into a conversation they were having with someone else. Maybe someone here could correct me, as this doesn't make sense.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 05:37 PM
so does it work,,
it is "ideal" conditions
even the foamguys underheated
underpowered rig will work fine
in this weather..
hows da mutha wuckin???
JohnPeters
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 07:16 PM
I wouldn't touch those systems with a ten foot pole. As the lurker mentioned, If you have a restriction in gun 1., what happens to gun 2.?

Can you say off ratio? I think Dimon needs to conduct some INDEPTH testing with SPF manufacturers before a bunch of people start buying these rigs, spray bad foam and give the industry a black eye.

We're working with a product that is processed at a 1:1 volume ratio. Volume determines foam quality, not pressure. Dimon appears to only ensure proper pressure balance.

jp

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.