Q&A Forums

Thermo coupler extension Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jason Day
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 07:19 PM
Thermo coupler extension
On cold days like this my truck is Hot and Causes my hose heat to shut down when the thermo coupler reaches temp inside the truck. that is approx 12'from my proportioner, but I have 200' of hose out in the snow and cold. Anyone extend it so it is alwys outside the rig?
Circle-D
Posted: Dec 19, 2013 09:15 PM
Sounds like a Glascraft machine. I hear tell you can adapt a Graco TSU to it. You can then put this wherever you want it in the lenght of the hose. George at SFDONE can fix you right up.
Posted: Dec 20, 2013 10:00 AM
What Circle-D said is probably the case, GlasCraft machines put the TC 10-12' right out the front of their machines for some reasons.

To get started with a good plan can you tell us what type of machine you have just to be sure of the best plan of attack? Thanks.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Dec 26, 2013 10:22 AM
Hi Jay!

With the most common Glascraft equimnent, MH's and Guardians, you can get rid of the old thermocouple that is only 10' from the machine and install a Graco thermocouple out in the hose near the gun where it should be. You need to buy the graco thermocouple, if you are using the the original graco hose, you will need a hose conversion kit because the fittings are different, and you will need the thermocouple extension wire. It is a special wire, not just thermostat wire from home depot like I have seen in some of the cheap aftermarket hose! A few hours labor at our shop, which would be free for you as one of our loyal customers. Also need to reprogram the controller as the Glascraft thermocouple is a different type from the Graco.

Happy New Year!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.