Q&A Forums

Thank you Graco Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Brian Bothun
Posted: May 09, 2011 08:21 PM
Thank you Graco
This new e-8 there bring out is a homeowner special. 8lb output plugs into a 110v wall. Its a non heated machine. Rumor has it that a set of foam costs about 400 dollars more then what we pay.

Thank you Graco for making another line of equipment that further pushes the homeowner to attempt to complete a professional service.

They also just purchased a large competitor in the airless painting industry.

When it comes time to upgrade equipment i'll be looking elsewhere....even though big blue will eat em up in 2 years anyways.

Hoping there will be more input on that machine after george's conference this week.
Posted: May 10, 2011 06:31 AM
...bring em on,,,
the liability chain will end em,,
can you imagine the fubars in the hands of
johny-i-cant-change-a litebulb...
a shot or two in the face,,or little johnys or big fat mommas reverse bowl cut hair otta get the lawsuits goin and the product off the retail market,,,cept on ebay of course!!!
but serious,,,
graco only sells to a distributor network,,,
it is the some of the distributors whom chose to sell to anyone any where,,,
there are scullywags in every venture,,,
dont know why everyone beats the crap out of graco,,they are not a monopoly,,you have plenty of other choices in the plural component processing market,,,look around,,,
they provide good equipment that is easily serviced for a fair price with support and parts readily available,,what the heck more can you ask for,,,and yes the others offer this as well,,what the heck more can you ask for,,,

that e8 may be perfect for patches,,,box's and rim joist,,,mech rooms,,,hmmm,,,thanx graco???
lol
Dean Nash
Posted: May 10, 2011 07:55 PM
Let's be honest here:
anything under a set of foam barely gets the interest, let alone a return call, from most applicators and rightfully so. Amortized out, the applicator must demand a pretty strong minimum charge to put a 100-thousand dollar rig on a job site and in most or many cases a minimum far exceeds the cost of a froth pak.

This "system" is intended to be a "sanctioned system" and eventually supported by more foam manufacturers; though I suspect the liability aspect will scare many off. To be clear, there is a market for a system of this size but currently, there is only ONE supplier of foam. With "legs", this system will get support and for good reason,, even for the pro applicator.

Up until this point, it's been froth paks for most jobs under 3-4000bft/CC and OSHA & the EPA are waiting in the shadows for the next ignorant homeowner, OR applicator, to get really f-d up breathing this stuff while spraying a crawl or attic. (and I mean they bought it without training or warnings from an "authorized supplier")

To Graco's credit, they are attempting to satisfy a demand from applicators, homeowners, and others for air barrier applications where the big rigs are not financially feasible.

Furthermore, it is my understanding from a conversation with our Graco rep that Graco is not only going to police WHO gets to purchase, sell, and use this equipment but is also requiring ANY interested distributor to add an addendum to their distributor contract that essentially makes that distributor liable for training OR lack thereof. Stewardship MUST prevail here and thankfully at this point, Graco appears to be focused.

Can the same be said for the manufacturers & sellers of Froth-Paks? I think not.

Joe
IME
Brian Bothun
Posted: May 10, 2011 10:21 PM
"Furthermore, it is my understanding from a conversation with our Graco rep that Graco is not only going to police WHO gets to purchase, sell, and use this equipment but is also requiring ANY interested distributor to add an addendum to their distributor contract that essentially makes that distributor liable for training OR lack thereof. Stewardship MUST prevail here and thankfully at this point, Graco appears to be focused."

Funny they come out with an ultra low end machine and are going to require training yet theres companies sending rigs down the road they just sold for 70k with zero training.

Makes it hard to believe..

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.