Q&A Forums

Tennessee Chill Box ???? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
steven argus
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 12:26 PM
Tennessee Chill Box ????
Any one using the chill box? We're looking for a fresh air system. Can any one reccomend a sytem or the Chill box? Please no sales men. I'd like to here from the guys who bought one and use it. Feel free to PM me with any negative feedback. Just trying to avoid an expensive mistake. Thanks.
SPFer
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 12:51 PM
I asked the same question on this forum about a month ago. Got no responses, but did buy the chill box. Just got it set up, so cant give any feedback yet.

Is it just me or has the chatter on this forum died?
steven argus
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 06:06 PM
No chatter. Everyone is busy.

Thanks Caddis. Keep us posted. Send me a PM if it's negative feed back. Not trying to hurt someones business. I talked to Mike at the Chill Box today. Seems like a real nice guy and the box seems like the way to go. Just like to talk to someone who has acually used one.
Terence Hynes
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 01:42 PM
We have 6 of the Tennessee Chill Boxes on our spray rigs. These were the first iterations and we have had no problems to speak of and the applicators are actually wearing the hoods where as before it was a battle getting them to wear the stand alone compressor system air supply we were using originally.
jason vicebergs
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 09:01 AM
can more than one person work off one unit?
How many feet of hose can it run?
thanks vick
Mike Asbra
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 08:01 PM
Allow me to answer the technical question based on our testing, and feedback of a few customers listed below.
The new unit, CB 8000, can run (2) 200' air lines in extreme heat. Arizona contractor has been running (3) 100' air lines with the CB 5000. Florida contractor has run (1) 300' air line with the CB 5000 for years. It's all about personal comfort zones. If you use the required hose kit and fittings, bank on a 15 to 25 degree cooler temp than ambient air, plus the 92 cfm's sure helps.
My past free flow supply systems were 5 to 15 degrees warmer than ambient temps, and provided minimum cfm's.
Call a few customers, some have multi units:
Christopher P. 407-709-0913 Florida
Bobby E. 337-764-2980 Louisana
Matt F. 239-503-5130 Florida
Josh N. 615-268-4712 Tennessee
Scott M. 918-513-2438 Oklahoma
Gary S. 813-352-3954 Florida
Horacio A. 602-376-4331 Arizona
Thomas P. 731-609-0575 Tennessee
Steve A. 352-702-5498 Florida
Terry H. 480-262-9271 Arizona
Don M. 205-921-2789 Alabahma
Tony C. 631-879-2811 New York
It is best to stay with what you have if you desire small ID air lines and fittings. The Chill Box will not work with 3/8, 1/2" ID hose or fittings. Thanks for the consideration.
Mike
SPFer
Posted: Oct 29, 2011 05:17 PM
What type of masks do you use with the chill box? And is there a connection piece to use from the hose to the mask?
Mike Asbra
Posted: Oct 30, 2011 09:26 AM
We offer and sell Allegro masks, and we do have customers that prefer other mask brands, which we can get, or help them with what they currently use. We have a specific fitting that ties in the breathing tube to our air hose. We do not alter any existing fitting at the breathing tube/face mask connection. In order to comply with OSHA, and meet our tested requirements for cfm delivery, we have components in stock. Please call us. Our new website is now up: www.tennesseechillbox.com
Chris Paoli
Posted: Nov 08, 2011 06:43 PM
Tennessee Chill Box AKA the life saver.

If anyone is wondering if their fresh air supply is really working...then you need another one. I spent 5 years in ridiculously hot FL attics with the typical allegro scuba type facemask blowing me a measely 6 cfm's of blow dryer air. Technically I should be dead, but I survived long enough to experience what I dreamed of for years...the Chill Box. We have the smaller unit and it actually blows too much cold air so we tone it down of course with the variable speed blower. There is simply no comparison and I dont know how I insulated without it. Any questions you can find me at centralfloridasprayfoammagazine.com
steven argus
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 04:46 PM
We have a chill box on the way. Looking forward to trying it.
steven argus
Posted: Dec 05, 2011 11:24 AM
caddis, any feedback yet?
Emory
Posted: Dec 05, 2011 05:36 PM
we have one on the way cant wait to try it on wed.
steven argus
Posted: Dec 06, 2011 06:41 AM
Pros:
Nicely put together.
Yes, it works.

Cons:
Expensive for what you get.
Buying sight unseen.
No money back gaurantee, if you're not happy.
Emory
Posted: Dec 09, 2011 12:08 PM
The chill box is the best thing since sliced bread it is a great price of equipment nicely put together should of had it a long time ago.
Bryan Tomczyk
Posted: Mar 01, 2012 09:47 AM
anybody want to chime in with their experience with the chill box?? looks like its been a while.
steven argus
Posted: Mar 01, 2012 03:51 PM
Yup, It's been awhile. Mike keeps tellin me he'll take care of me. Let's see... that was before Xmas time. I keep asking, he keeps promising. I'll keep ya posted...
steven argus
Posted: Mar 02, 2012 11:43 AM
Ahhh, the power of SF.com... LOL! Mike says they are just putting the finishing touches on the new units. They will be shipped soon.

Mikes a good guy and these are nice units. Frankly, I don't blame him for blowing off this loudmouth, redneck foamer...

Keep ya posted on how the new units work.
SPFer
Posted: Mar 14, 2012 10:53 AM
We are not happy with our Chill Box. We bought the 2 man unit, but it does not supply enough air for even 1 man. Going to make sure it is not user error, then try to return.
steven argus
Posted: Mar 16, 2012 10:40 AM
caddis, our box definetly supplies enough air. Have you talked to Mike about your problems? I believe he has good intentions and is an honest person, you just have to be patient. Small growing company, he's wearing a lot of hats... I can relate.

Make sure you comunicate w/ him. He does have a "no return policy" which bothers me, but I believe he will eventually make you happy. He's still working on my issues and I hope he will come through for me.
Mike Asbra
Posted: Mar 17, 2012 03:46 AM
Hi Caddis,
I am sorry to read you are not happy with your Chill Box. To date, any system that required warranty work, was repaired or replaced, tested, and shipped back to our customer within 24 hours.
It troubles me that you have not been able to use your system all these months, and we were not notified. Please call me at once. My personal cell is 239-322-2103.
It will be my pleasure to help you.
Mike Asbra
Mike Asbra
Posted: Mar 17, 2012 06:54 AM
Thanks Guiness,
Your in good shape, documentation for your new systems have been filed, and all safety warnings approved. Printer was warned with a "run for your life" if I don't get the labels NOW.
Here's a good one for you:
Guy calls from Key Largo? Can't get any air flow, no temp reading either for phone support. 3 calls later, is the filter and coils clean? Good consistent power source? Digital controls, fan on about 50%, and start up temp 60 degrees for 5 minutes then set to 65 degrees? Yep, Yep yep.
Change any fittings, add any invention of your own, delete any tested item on my unit? Nope, Nope, Nope. Ok, Good. Hose in good shape, no tears, crushed, plugged, using my breathing tube with my correct ID fitting? YEP, YEP YEP.
4th phone call, DO NOT USE THIS SYSTEM FOR UNDERWATER DIVING, DO NOT CHANGE, ADD TO OR DELETE FROM THIS SYSTEM, AND PLEASE FLUSH THE REMAINING SALT WATER OUT OF THE COILS AND SYSTEM.

I don't have any problems after reading about the drum explosion...
Talk soon,
Mike
Christopher Lege
Posted: Jun 08, 2012 10:35 AM
We have had our Chill Box for over a year and my guys absolutely love it. I couldn't get my guys to use our old Bullard air system due to heat and also kinking the small air hose. Since switching my guys have made a drastic improvement in the amount of time they can stay spraying. With the Louisiana heat during the summers it helps a lot.
Emory
Posted: Jun 28, 2012 04:19 PM
we have one of the new 8,000 units and can never seem to keep cold air coming out of the unit all the time like it is suposed to just wondering how you have yours set up.
Mike Asbra
Posted: Jul 07, 2012 11:13 AM
Sorry I didn't notice this post sooner, and hopefully you have contacted us by now with your cycle on/cycle off issue. During this heat:
1. Set AC digital temp on it's lowest setting
2. Set your AC fan on High/90 to 95% on digital
3. Set your upper blower cfm speed dial to about 10 or 11 O'clock and you should be set. Please call us if we can help you. 423-710-1476
Thanks,
Mike

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.