Q&A Forums

Temp and pressure .5 OC Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Clint Adams
Posted: Jan 12, 2014 08:17 AM
Temp and pressure .5 OC
Trying to find the best temps and pressure to run for wall/attic foam. Running E30/AR3738. I wasn't very impressed with the yield on my last job. Any other tips on optimizing insulation yield?
Posted: Jan 13, 2014 10:47 AM
To start, what manufacturer and brand of chemical are you spraying?
Clint Adams
Posted: Jan 13, 2014 11:03 AM
Basf enertite
Harold Randle
Posted: Jan 13, 2014 12:52 PM
Here are some suggestions to try. Heating your foam in the barrels is essential. Find the manufactures recommendations and limits of heating the material before running thru proportioner.The warmer the better. Run near perfect pressures. Turn pressures down where you can control application, following manufactures recomendations. Use the smallest tip possible, there will not be much difference in production and you will be able to control depths a lot better. Give total attention to the depth you are trying to achieve, give what you sell but don't give your product away. Keep waste to a minimum, landfil waste is a waste. Hope these opinions are helpful. Good luck. Also heat up interior of project as much as possible.
mason
Posted: Jan 28, 2014 11:14 PM
In this cold winter, pay attention to your substrate temperature as well. The warmer the better. You lose 10 to 15% yield for every 10 degrees below 70 degrees F. I made a webinar for ICAA on spraying foam in cold weather. If you are a member, you can can access it online. If not, I can email the power point.

Be careful when heating your drums, particularly with closed cell foam. Band heaters tend to cook the B side, releasing blowing agent and making hot and cold spots in the drum. I prefer a blanket type of heat to warm your foam. The best way is to keep you drums around 75 degrees F. The heaters in your proportioner should be able to do the rest.

I agree that smaller tips or mixing chambers can provide better yield.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.