Q&A Forums

Switching Products? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 07:26 AM
Switching Products?
How careful do you have to be when changing between .5lb and 2 lb. Water blown and 245a blown? Should you flush the entire system or just switch drums and start spraying in a place that will be covered, or a waste container.

Thanks Dave,
Ryan Rhoads
Posted: Jun 20, 2006 02:56 PM
I have just switched drums without any problems. When you start to see a difference between the foam than you should just spray a few trigger pulls on a plastic sheet or something. The foam can mix a little and become unstable. Once you have sprayed that little bit of waste start in with your foaming. I have been insulating my shop with what is left in the hose. So if you have a shop that needs insulated that is a good place to use that foam.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 24, 2006 06:20 AM
Dave,

All I do is take the drum pump out of one foam, and put it in the other. I then take my side block off of the gun and pump about 1 gallon of material into a container. The new foam pushes out the old foam. You can usually see the difference in color, I know that my MH2 with 150' of hose needs about 1 gallon pushed out. If you are going from 245 foam to .5lb, make sure the .5 is mixed before you do this.

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.