Q&A Forums

Supplied Air and safety Supplier Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Aug 27, 2006 08:13 PM
Supplied Air and safety Supplier
I've been working on purchasing filtered/supplied air to spray wall foam. I see all of these catalogs with all of the equipment but nobody knows what they carry and can answer any questions. Where are the best places to purchase supplied air (full face, vortex, hose, filter/box/pump?).

What about Tyvek suits and hoods, gloves, and other incidental safety items?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 05:23 PM
Try Northern Safety.

gcw
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 09:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I actually finally called everyone back that was previously contacted. Marco had sent some info but to the wrong address. Ended up with supplied air from them. We also have a local Fastenal branch that I was able to pick up several other items like the coveralls and head socks.
John Shockney
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 09:07 PM
I bought my North 7600-8A respirators off ebay for less than half price, under $100.00

I also bought a new North ambient air pump for $250.00

also your local Grainger Industral Supply has parts and supplies for North respirators.

Hope this helps

Thanks Airpro
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 05:52 AM
i get my 3m stuff from a vendor named
continental safety supply company
csesafety.com

i too have bought a couple of air pumps off of ebay..beware of tired old girls,,,new is costly..cheap can be cheap...

i do not wear tyveks,,too hot..
i wear disposable polypro coveralls with and with out hoods..spray sock when without..keep the drift off,,,not fluids though,,but we dont get much fluid exposure anymore...
used to get polypros off of ebay too,,but now i just order from the same vendor..ebay is a good place to start..
get my latex gloves from the same vendor..
recently became "sensitive" to latex glove powder
(realize i wore them for about 8 hours a day 3-4 days a week in a previous life/profession)this sucks..next case will be unpowdered for sure..turning em inside out to wear,,wadda drag..
right now i cant find my link to vortex stuff..remind me if i dont post it and you still need it later...
hi ho hi ho its off to foam i go...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.