Q&A Forums

Sub Zero Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Feb 04, 2007 10:05 PM
Sub Zero
We had -25 this morning. I will not try to spray until we warm up to at least zero. What is the coldest outside temp you guys have sprayed at? We can insulate something inside that is warm, but I'm talking about doing the outside walls of a whole house. Ten degrees outside temp seems to be the lowest we can spray at.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Feb 05, 2007 12:14 AM
We will carry a big azz torpedo heater with us to warm all the walls of each space/room before we apply the foam.
Glenn Gamblin
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 12:54 PM
You didn't mention what you are spraying against. You can spray wood a lot colder than metal. Demilec says that there heatloc can be sprayed to 20 below. when I spray BASF I have to heat the metal to 25 degrees.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 06, 2007 08:02 PM
We have sprayed Sealite at 2°. Yield suffers of course, but we got the job done.

olger
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 06:57 AM
i prefer to have the general heat the structure,,,
if they want foam they heat it,,,if they want the walls taped and mudded they heat it,,,
and if there is a fire it is their LIABILITY...

(has anyone considered liability involved with the
bid, prep, install, egress process,,,reading other posts,,i think not)

so doesnt the big azzed heater use about 2 gallons of fuel an hour?
and doesnt it produce a buttload of moisture vapor due to the combustion process, as well as condensation on the wall when the heat meets the cold sheeting?
we have noticed that it takes a few days for the structure to "turn over" once a non-vented combustion device is introduced...
moisture and frost is common under these conditions...
time,,heat,,,and fans...

we too have sprayed at ~0 degrees with marked reduction in yeild,, and with some thermal cracks at the stud to foam interface,,,
"still a far superior system to what we have available to us" is what most contractors who "know any better" reply,.,,

foam on

foam-it!!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.