Q&A Forums

Structural Concrete Foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
David Pressler
Posted: Jun 21, 2017 04:19 PM
Structural Concrete Foam
I understand that there is a product being used to stabilize foundations called structural concrete foam? Been told in mud jacking operations this foam is now being used and can reach a 7000 psi. What do you know of this product and spraying six inches over engineered rebar home with a stucco finish meet codes as with concrete at 5000 psi?

Indestructible homes in Florida the future of construction today. www.safedomes.com
mason
Posted: Jun 21, 2017 08:32 PM
I am not aware of a commercially available with those physical properties. However, some pour foams are available that reach 10-20 pcf (pound per cubic foot). Those foam should get you in the 100-200 psi range but I doubt if it would reach 7000 psi. maybe 7000 pounds per sq ft.
CJKEVIN
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 12:44 PM
There are plenty of geotechnical foams used for lifting concrete that have compressive stengths well above 7000 psf. I have never seen anything offered that is remotely close to that on a psi scale though. Also, most, if not all of these foams are designed to be pumped into the ground under existing structures, not applied to an exterior surface.
polyol
Posted: Jul 13, 2017 06:52 PM
7000-psi from a foam? Even ridgid polyurethane elastomers and some epoxies have trouble hitting those number. I know of a couple that can, but foam...no way, not unless it is metallic based foam which I seriously doubt.

Yeah PSF maybe, PSI...on a physics scale its just not true.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.