Q&A Forums

stripped out Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Brian Bothun
Posted: Mar 08, 2013 07:46 PM
stripped out
the threading stripped out where the hose connects to the front end of my fusion ap, has anyone installed a helicoil successfully?

Any other options to fix?
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Mar 09, 2013 05:08 PM
If you bought a backup gun, there should be a brand new one there. Otherwise just buy the Al block (or machine one from scratch). IMO it's not worth messing with a hydraulic fitting rated for up to 3,500 PSI.
mark moyer
Posted: Mar 09, 2013 05:16 PM
...you dont describe your malady well..
if you mean the center threaded thang (hillbilly) in the fluid head that the hose block assembly mounts to via the center bolt assembly...it is replaceable...
threads out,,,new one in,,dont forget the lock tight,,make it real tight,,,from now on lube the hole before you fill it...uh before you attach the hose block,,just a smatterin(hillbilly)of grease will be you and the threads freinds..
i keep a spare in my gun parts box,,last i looked,,thanks for reminding me,,ill look monday
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 11, 2013 08:34 AM
Are you refering to where the fitting screws into the manifold? Page 34 where 12e connects to 12a? Not alot of extra meat on the manifold for a helicoil. I don't think it is worth the risk to repair it.

George
mark moyer
Posted: Mar 15, 2013 07:54 AM
...never mind...
gilda radner

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.