Q&A Forums

Storing excess hose Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Oct 09, 2011 03:16 AM
Storing excess hose
I would like to remove a section of hose when I buy some proper protection for my hose (saran wrap and duct tape is kinda....well...you know).

Just wondering what you folks do in this case. I was thinking just capping them off some how?
Posted: Oct 09, 2011 03:19 AM
Also any advice on the best (value in consideration too) material/product to use to protect the hose in absence of said saran wrap and duct tape.

I like the blue covers you can buy.

Cheers
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 12:51 PM
Flush with DOP-dioctyl pthalate (spelling is wrong) and cap them off. For protection, saran wrap - tight, duct tape one way sticky side up and then back down again sticky side down (so the duct tape sticks to itself - not the hose). If you want to scuff there after - lookup hose sleeving, hose jacket - Nelco or Techflex. good luck.
Michael Flander
Posted: Nov 11, 2011 02:55 PM
Keep in mind that you need to thoroughly flush the a-side hose. If you don't flush it well enough you will get hardened A-side built up on the walls of the hose that will break free when you begin using the hose again. This will cause your gun filters to plug constantly.

Flush very well, and you shouldn't have any issues.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Nov 11, 2011 03:16 PM
hello flanders!! Its been a while - good things up north?
Michael Flander
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 05:10 PM
Things are great Robin. I hope all is well with you too! I check in here once in a while, but you guys are quick to respond and give good advice, so not usually much to say :).

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.