Q&A Forums

Sticky CS gun Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jun 09, 2009 01:14 PM
Sticky CS gun
just curious as to if anyone else is having problems with their CS gun "ceasing up" on them. We are noticing that as we spray, about 30 min into the job the gun becomes sluggish. Little at first, then more and more until there is a 10 sec delay in trigger action until finally it there is no action. We have noticed in the past that the CS fluid reacts with the graco grease so we do not lube up our guns as per recommended/not recommended by graco. We have simply lubed with CS on all the moving parts. We had no issues for months, all was good, then the past month this problem has been occuring. To counter act the problem we have been lubing the entire gun with CS by disconnecting the air supply to the gun, pouring CS into the air inlet of the gun, then reattaching the air and cycling the the gun until every frees up. this is a continual process. All our equipment is running normally (dryer, compressor, e30, etc). The kicker is, this is happening on both units.

What I am starting to think is that it is somehow weather realated since this only started happening since it has gotten warmer out (located in southern manitoba, canada), things are gettin hotter, tollerences getting tighter?

In the process of replacing the orings on the trigger piston to see if that will help.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Thanks
Posted: Jun 09, 2009 11:29 PM
Sounds like a lot of work for you. I am not sure if Graco made improvements since the end of 2008, but I was at a Grand Opening for a New Distributor in New Orleans in December and even the Graco Rep was telling us that there were to many problems with the CS.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 10:48 AM
Northstrar - Sluggish gun repair:
1. Remove muffler in handle. If that solves the problem, you just needs a new one.
2. If that doesn't work, that leaves the spool valve behind the trigger or the piston o-rings. You should replace the o-rings with new ones, greasing them liberally. The gun may be moving slowly because your not lubricating parts in the air section of the gun.

Minimal grease in the fluid section is correct. Greasing the air section parts will not harm the gun.

Hope this helps!
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 05:07 PM
Forgot to mention about the muffler. Had an issue before with it clogging up so we have not fun them for months. I have tried lubing up the trigger pistin orings already. This usually makes it last a little bit longer but eventually the problem returns. As per lubing up the internal orings, it has been my experience that even the slightest amount seems to react with the CS making (jelly) in the gun. Catch 22 I guess.
clint moore
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 07:08 PM
kind of coming in the middle of this one,hope you don't mind.
Has your gun been upgraded by Graco?
Your Rep. should have contacted you and provided an upgrade kit at NO cost. you just have to send the old one back.
The tolerances have been changed on many parts and the Dosing piston as well.
With some foams the reaction w/the CSL causes the piston to gum up,causing slow reaction.
Very little grease is required at end of day.
In some cases where a lot of triggering is involved it was an overdose of CSL along with the grease that causes problems.
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 08:30 AM
I think we are the cause for many of the updates lol. We usually have the problems that nobody else has had yet. And yes, it is all up to date, both of our guns.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.