Q&A Forums

Starting research Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jeff Rybuck
Posted: Jan 01, 2007 08:23 PM
Starting research
Hi. I'm very new to this and just stumbled upon this site. Looks like a great bunch of people here. I'm interested in learning more about this field and opportunity, but am wondering about training. I'm in Manitoba, Canada ( just north of ND / MN) and there is only a couple of foam applicators around that I know of. It seems that the application of foam is simply try, try,try till you get the hang of it. But there must be some sort of certification or a course to take to learn the aspects of application, mixing etc.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
quentin
Posted: Jan 02, 2007 06:50 PM
I am looking at it too and so far I can tell you that some foam manufactures require you take their courses, some offer free courses for people who are interested and others do none of those. You can also do what I have done and try to get with some who are doing jobs in your area, watch, learn and study.

I watched, asked a bunch of questions and took at TON of pictures and video. In return he gained a little help and enough pictures and video to create more promotional materials as well. Ask around and see if you can get lucky and find someone like I did.
Jeremy Himmel
Posted: Jan 25, 2007 08:21 PM
AirTight has an excellent training program that covers equipment breakdown, trouble shooting, application, and rebuilds from Graco/Gusmer technicians. Upon completion you will be Graco/Gusmer certified as an advanced foam applicator.
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 06:21 AM
...or is that a certified foam mechanic???
grant sholty
Posted: Jan 27, 2007 07:47 PM
most suppliers have their own training seminars that gets you "certified" to spray their foam. their is no schooling that i am aware of that trains you for all foam in all applications, accept for the school of hard knocks, and just staight out trying.
Glenn Gamblin
Posted: Jan 28, 2007 07:11 PM
The absolute best way to learn is to either hire someone that is experienced or to ask your foam supplier to recommend someone to let you help them for a week. They can get the free labor and the experience you get is invaluable.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.