Q&A Forums

Start-up Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jun 07, 2006 11:36 PM
Start-up
Without a rig in hand but with facilities and other equipment. What would be the minimal cash on hand needed to get a foam business (Roof or wall) up and running?

I have an established business in the construction that isn't related to foam walls but I see a huge potential. Then there's the polyurea and roof side of things that could help keep production up.

Is this a worthwhile business to start or would any advise otherwise? I'm in an area with zero foam competition but the market is also full of penny pinchers
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 09, 2006 08:35 PM
25-30k. Minimal.

Our setup costs 80k.

Good luck,
gcw
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jun 11, 2006 10:55 PM
So you went in with 25-30k cash in addition to the purchase of your rig? Where was the best spent money besides the rig? What were your best marketing choices?

Did you do a turnkey rig or build yourself?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 14, 2006 08:34 PM
No. Our whole rig costs about 80k. We have a Glascraft MH in a 30' trailer.

gcw
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 08:34 AM
How do you like the Glasscraft? Have you used a Graco/Gusmer unit? I understand that GC has a pretty good machine and great support.

Are you spraying walls, roofs, or both?
Rodney McCauley
Posted: Jun 15, 2006 11:31 AM
I am currently selling a foam rig because of health reasons. I invested about 70k in this unit. I am asking 50k. If you are interested email for more details.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 07:17 PM
Roofs and walls and polyurea.

We like the Glascraft real well. It's the third one I've had.

I cut my teeth on a Graco 200 FoamCat in 1985. Don't miss it a bit.. :).

gcw
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 10:20 PM
What part of the country do you operate in? Do you have fairly close service for the Glascraft or do you handle all of the mechanics yourself?

Did you purchase from a foam manufacturer? If so, which one? I've only seen one that just started reping Gcraft.

I understand that Gcraft has longer heating rods but aren't rated to go as high in temp as the G/Gusmer.

Which model is best to handle all three (roofs, walls, ureas)???

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.