Q&A Forums

Spraying round ductwork Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
james keegan
Posted: Nov 09, 2012 09:38 AM
Spraying round ductwork
We're starting a job next week in a gutted home doing garage ceiling and all of the exposed ductwork. I've done them before and they seem to go on with a very rough finish. It's esthetics I know, does anyone have any tips on spraying the ductwork. Overspray and application techniques? The ductwork iscin the 2nd floor and exposed to the studs, no drywall on the walls yet.
1/2 lb
Daniel X
Posted: Nov 10, 2012 11:26 PM
The only advice I have for round duct work (smaller stuff), is to use some cardboard or scrap material of any sort, to cut down on the overspray clean up.

Any time I've done these they've been in an attic, so I usually spray them before drywall, but I staple scrap cardboard where the ceiling would be to cut down on wasted foam and scraping or covering the subfloor.
james keegan
Posted: Nov 11, 2012 08:33 AM
Thanks dl that's a great suggestion I'll give it a try!
mason
Posted: Nov 12, 2012 02:13 PM
Try a smaller pattern, if using a Fusion gun go with a size 29 mixing chamber. That will give you a 3-4 inch pattern that is easy to control without getting overspray on everything in sight.
james keegan
Posted: Nov 12, 2012 08:49 PM
Thanks Mason I was thinking the same way. I'm using the smallest chamber I have which I've always known as an 01 chamber (not sure if that's the same thing). Thanks for the advise I appreciate the help...J

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.