Q&A Forums

Spraying concern Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
kevin smith
Posted: May 18, 2008 05:19 PM
Spraying concern
Hi,

I've been in the business for about 9 months now. As a business owner. Previous years as a estimator for a very successful foam insulation company. But as a sprayer, not very good at it. How do i get a flatter surface with the foam. I'm stumped. My goal is to hire someone in the future to do the spraying and eventually expand the business. But for the time being i need to be able to spray it better. Has anyone got any tips or websites to go to for information on being a better sprayer. My spraying looks more like a dogs breakfast. Please help.......

Thanks.... Kevin
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: May 18, 2008 07:54 PM
Kevin,

Feel free to call me tomorrow, I might be able to help.

Luke
kevin smith
Posted: May 19, 2008 10:18 AM
Hi Luke,

Where are you from? I'm from Ontario, Canada

Thanks Kevin....
Tim Trott
Posted: May 19, 2008 05:06 PM
Are you sure you're spraying hot enough? I have my A side at 130 and B at 140 and hose heat at 140. I recirc the B so it's at least 20 hotter than the A when spraying. use an 01 tip and make more passes and finesse the deep spots. My trigger guy can make 2 1/2" of closed cell look like spread butter in a 2x4 wall; practice and patience pays off
Jason Hartkopf
Posted: May 20, 2008 10:12 PM
What pressure TIm?
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: May 21, 2008 08:57 AM
I'm not tim but I would suggest closer to 900psi. Ask you supplier for recomended temps and pressures and that will get you in the ballpark then dial it in from there and if you can't get anyone to tell you that info, switch suppliers!another thing to check is that your gun is clean and you are getting enough air through and your filters are good and clean.

luke
Tim Trott
Posted: May 21, 2008 11:44 AM
Luke nailed it.

Tim

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.