Q&A Forums

sprayers Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Colin Farrell
Posted: May 30, 2008 01:37 PM
sprayers
i'm getting sick of not finding good sprayers. i keep selling 2 inches and these numbnuts working for me put in an average of 3 1/2 inches and i keep biting the bullet. i guess it would help if they spoke english and i paid more than $3.15 an hour for adults and $1.85 for children but come on, how is one supposed to get rich quick if the wetbacks work like that. how do you guys deal with cheap immigrant labor?
travis fails
Posted: May 30, 2008 02:51 PM
I HOPE THIS IS A JOKE!!!
If not you are THE NUMBNUT that we dont need in this line of business. I use to work for a prick like you not only did his pay suck but he would also screw over customers for an extra dollar.
why not go back to school and become a lawyer or run for office.
Brian Ahrens
Posted: May 30, 2008 03:38 PM
Even if this a joke, it is not funny or nice to make the comments that you have made. No industry needs someone like this. But, hey good luck to you if this is how you want to represent yourself and your company.
Linerman
Posted: May 30, 2008 07:15 PM
oh yea this thread is gonna get locked or deleted.
Energy Tech Solutions Inc. - Chuck Costa
Posted: Jun 02, 2008 10:06 AM
This guy is a $#@#$!
Doug Commette
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 09:13 PM
Guys:
Thanks for the peer counseling. We dont want to lock this thread because the rest you make some real good counter points. DC
Jim Coler
Posted: Jul 02, 2008 11:44 PM
Sounds like the problem is with you -not your employees.

#1 - if you call your employees numbnuts, and you're leading them in your business, then what does that say about you?

#2 - You guys may be spraying that much for a reason - try asking them. I would rather under promise and over deliver than even get 1 callback that it's just under the stated thickness.

If you're not making any money on it, then increase your prices or find a new business.

Wanna talk about bad employees - I would rather have your problems than the ones I've had by trying to hire "experience sprayers" and when they come for a "trial period" it looks like it's their first week behind the gun. To add insult to injury, they later express that they expect $75K-$100/yr. Even worse I find out their doing drugs on the job. I can spray circles arond them and all they want to do is sneak off in the bushes every 30 minutes for another joint or hit. This is what will kill this industry.

All I can say is set your standards high and don't compromise on them. If you've found a good sprayer, then you'd better pay him well, treat him well and not call him a numbnut because if I can find him, I'd love to steal him from you!
Posted: Jul 03, 2008 06:19 AM
go back to lawn care you boil on the butt of humanity!!! YES YOU!!!

i pay my help union scale or better,,,
they are clean cut, fine young men,,,
we shoot to within a 1/4" in sidewalls....

like the market we work in...
you want cheap,,you can got cheap

and your racist remarks reflects your ignorance...

'dude
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 04, 2008 09:08 AM
I suspect that this fellow (Greatlakes etc..) was pulling our collective legs.

Keep the trigger pulled,

oG
philip mullins
Posted: Jul 09, 2008 03:04 AM
i got into the foam buisness for three reasons...

1) mexicans, in general, are poor drivers and could never back a trailer up to a house.

2) if a mexican were capable of driving a box truck he would just steal one and coyote 127 of his cousins at a time across the border. they gotta get here some how.

3) well, i dont rightly remember the third reason but, it couldnt have been much better

and 'dude, before you point out the fact that i am just an ignorant racist... 3 things

1)i have no problems with hard working american people. regardless of ethniticity or class. so long as they speak english and pay taxes. pulling thier pants up in a manner that covers thier butts is optional.

2)you have already stated, in text, that you like clean cut, fine young men. yes, im a biggett too.

3) and last but not least, im better looking than you!

jk dude, no offense
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 01:49 AM
Hey Rivernrocks,
Did you hire the guy that I just fired last week?
I had one guy with supposedly 10-15 years of experience spray for me and within 6 weeks, he put my "A" pump in the "B" material, thank GAWD it made foam before it hit my guardian unit, he broke 2 P2's, one with a hammer trying to make the trigger housing work! Always sped in my vehicle and always needed to borrow money, threw my gloves away like snot rags and loved to smoke the chronic. Would you believe that after he did $5000.00 worth of damage to me and my business and I told him that he was no longer needed he called me an ungrateful, selfish bird-on-a-fence.
I need a good spray man here in Louisiana,not hooked on something, with a drivers license, that has most of his teeth and that can spray what I quote no matter how nice the customers says, "If you take care of me I can hook you up"!
quentin
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 01:58 PM
Wish I would have known. Kids are gone with their mom for here summer visit with them (Yup! Rare custodial father here!!) and I would have come down on the cheap to gain experience in exchange for room and board for a couple of weeks!

Anyone in the Ohio, Ky, In area interested in a hard worker willing to bust rear to gain some experience then let me know. I get along with wives, kids and pets and will take a couch or cot in a shop! LOL

Hoping to get word from the dang bank this week so I can get my equipment and be up and running so keep your fingers crossed for me gents. You all have seen me doing enough research here for the past few years that hopefully I have a good clue on what I am doing!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.