Q&A Forums

spray guns is probler/gusmer/or graco really the best Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Ryan Rhoads
Posted: Jun 10, 2006 11:14 PM
spray guns is probler/gusmer/or graco really the best
I have two fusion spray guns from graco and everyone I talk to says that the gap or d-guns are the best. They say that they get a better mix. I don't know, all I have ever sprayed with is my fusion guns. Does anyone else have first hand experiance with the different guns. Also does anyone know where I could possibly find a cheap mech. purge gap or D-gun to try. I don't want to make a big investment in another gun right now. I have both a mech purge and an air purge fusion gun. I haven't even sprayed with the mech. purge yet, but it came with the trailer and I always heard that they where better for coatings. What is everyone eleses opionion
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 11, 2006 10:51 AM
We have had 19-years success with Problers. We like the new P2.

There is no such thing as a maintenance free gun.

gcw
Posted: Jun 13, 2006 06:40 AM
have 3 d guns,,,,never could get them to work right...always would stick either closed or open...i attribute this to operator error,,,as many say it is one heck of a good detail gun,versitile in its ability to be patterned...
someday i will ressurrect the old girls and will challenge myself to make em work,,its just a darned mechanical device ya know!
shooting with the air purge fusion now...works well,,,sets up and tears down fast and easy,,very few parts used/replaced...like it alot, except for the "million dollar o rings".
but every thing in this industry seems to have been raped to the max the highest cost possible...
william cole
Posted: Jul 08, 2006 08:55 AM
we have a pro. 2 and have had good success, but what you said about the industry getting raped is truth enough. i bought a fresh air mask, 2 plastic shields and a small pkg. of stick on plastic lens cost me almost $400.00. we started about 3 months ago and have not had a job to make money because of all the newby hidden cost, but we will learn, if we dont go bust first.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.