Q&A Forums

Spray Foam Stucco Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Robert Randall
Posted: Jul 05, 2012 03:22 PM
Spray Foam Stucco
I'm looking for someone who can help me execute a Spray Foam Stucco project on my foundation. Closed cell foam applied to exterior then shaved smooth for EIFS type synthetic stucco. Any suggestions on finding the right guy?
Robert Randall
Posted: Jul 05, 2012 04:07 PM
OOPS- I forgot to note location on Maryland's Eastern Shore
mason
Posted: Jul 05, 2012 04:15 PM
I would look for a really good roofing contractor rather than a house insulator. They are more used to spraying smooth jobs and trimming foam around penetrations. Contact a few suppliers that specialize in SPF roofing for their best contractors, such as BASF, Bayer, Premium, NCFI. You might contact Bonnie Strickler with PUFF. They are contractors based out of Northern Virginia and travel up to Maryland on jobs.

PS I would recommend using a 2.5 to 3 lb density foam for the job. It will make a much smoother profile and uniformity than a 2 lb foam, plus be much more resistant to damage.
Robert Randall
Posted: Jul 06, 2012 06:58 PM
thanks for these helpful suggestions.
Tim Wojnarski
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 07:51 AM
I would recommend hiring seperate conractors, spray foam and stucco / EIFS. Get your candidates both together, at the same time and on site to discuss scope and procedure. What you are asking to do is not impossible but it's not that common. You're going to have to baby sit it in order to make it work. Good luck.
mason
Posted: Jul 10, 2012 08:42 AM
timw has good suggestions,

This type of application is fairly common in the western states, New Mexico, Nevada, etc. But not too common elsewhere.

The main suppliers of roofing foam systems can assist with recommendations of contractors and with specifications. Their technical folks have seen this type of application pretty often. If not, find one who has.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.