Q&A Forums

Spray foam roof over epdm. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
glenngamblin
Posted: Apr 04, 2017 06:39 PM
Spray foam roof over epdm.
I have a guy wanting a roof sprayed over his existing epdm roof. I cannt find any info if that's an issue, will it stick or do I need to insist on tearing it off?
ErvineFallis
Posted: Apr 19, 2017 10:53 AM
A spray-foam roof can be applied directly to the old roofing once it is prepped and cleaned up a bit. Not stripping the old roof and sending the debris to the landfill IS also a big green plus. Besides, spraying-over will save the labor costs of stripping the old roof.
foamdork
Posted: May 04, 2017 04:03 AM
We have done a few with no problems. We pressure washed after wetting down with TSP and cut out the EPDM around HVAC units and skylights. I know a couple of the system houses sell a cleaner specificaly for prepping EPDM before spray foam. Hope this helps.
glenngamblin
Posted: Aug 10, 2017 09:53 PM
Thanks foamdork, after I cleaned it i found the epdm was on top of a layer of water logged fiberboard that was absolute moosh. Stripped all 10000 sq ft off did it right. The test holes I cut out for the estimate happened to be the only dry spots on the roof. Go figure!!
proe fes
Posted: Nov 29, 2018 12:29 PM
We're proud to have a long list of satisfied customers and we are willing to provide references upon request.
roofing contractors new jersey  https://allprofessionalremodelinggroup.com/

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.