Q&A Forums

spfdepot Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Linerman
Posted: Jul 19, 2013 06:40 PM
spfdepot
Anybody have experience with their replacement parts? Better, worse, just as good as Graco? Thinking about purchasing a mix chamber and some side seals along with some other stuff for the Fusion AP and don't want to find it's not as good. Their stuff is cheaper but I don't want to sacrifice quality for price either. I spray polyurea too btw.

From what I'm told their mix chambers are carbon steel, but they have a platinum series that's supposed to be virtually scratch proof, guessing much like their titanium seals they offer. I was told that the platinum mix chambers are their regular ones that are treated through a hardening process. If so should the regular mix chambers even be considered and go for platinum? What about their side seals? Soft steel or titanium? What would be the best choice?

Their springs and such are probably the same thing it's the machined parts that got me worried. Any input would be great!
Brian Bothun
Posted: Jul 19, 2013 07:20 PM
I've used a lot of there products and have been satisfied. There shipping costs is crazy though.
SPFer
Posted: Jul 22, 2013 07:42 AM
I was interested in their SPF Depot Brand P2 Front End Assembly. I was ready to purchase, but wanted to talk to someone about it first. I called them 3 times asking for information. Each time they told me they would get back to me, and they never did.

I finally decided to stop bothering them with my business.
Linerman
Posted: Jul 23, 2013 02:54 PM
I've decided to send in one of my mix chambers to have it resurfaced and go through their hardcoat process first rather than buying a new one off the bat. But still might purchase other parts. I've talked to Mike their service guy and Pat the owner and both gave me good information on what their service entails and what their platinum mix chambers are about. All their stuff looks like OEM parts, but might use different materials I'm guessing?
Jason Gaborie
Posted: Nov 10, 2013 03:15 PM
I've used spfdepot parts for about 3 years, basically since we started spraying, with no problems
jack napora
Posted: Nov 19, 2013 03:18 PM
Only had terrible experience with their aftermarket O-rings.. Save a bit today lose a whole bunch tomorrow...
SPF Depot
Posted: Nov 20, 2013 10:37 AM
Sorry to hear about issues with our O-Rings. Our O-rings are manufactured by DuPont and we are the the only ones in the SPF field that sell Certified DuPont Viton O-rings. They are mil spec and have batch numbers and DuPont warranties the product for us. If you ever have any problem with any of our products, all you need to do is send them in for review. We have the easiest warranty program in the market.

As for shipping costs - You can choose USPS, FedEx or UPS. A fee is added for next day delivery as we have to process your order ahead of all others. I don't like many of their rates either, but you have a choice to select the carrier and the rate all from the online store. ALL deliveries are insured and traceable from our online store.

For contacting us with questions on products, its best to email us. We have over 3300 customers world wide. Emails can be handled anytime of the day/night and weekends.

As always, we strive to provide the best products and service possible. We can't please everyone, but we try to be as good as Graco and other OEM's when it comes to helping with equipment problems we don't even sell and all warranty issues.

SPF Depot was just awarded Small Business of the Year for our 80% annual growth rate and our rapid growth in exports to Russia, Poland, Japan, and the EU region. We now have a 10,000' warehouse/store in Bossier City and stocking distributors in Canada, Poland and China. The vast majority of our product sales are factory direct to the consumer. Some of the OEM manufacturers that purchase SPF Depot brand parts and/or solvents include PMC-Polymac, IPM Pumps and others. Even Graco purchased a chamber of ours just last month.
Circle-D
Posted: Dec 01, 2013 06:27 PM
I can vouch for the warranty. I bought a gallon of their ISO REMOVE a couple of months ago. When it arrived the can was all dented it up and it had leaked a little of the solvent into the plastic bag that served as secondary containment. It had taken some of the ink off the lable. I took a couple of photos and emailed to them. I did not ask for any discount or replacement as most of the solvent was still there.I just wanted them aware of how the shippers were treating their products.
The next day I got an email of apology and a shipping notifaction for a new can, which arrived in good shape a few days later. I'm sure that 2nd can took the profit from the first but they also guarenteed my future business for years to come. I have nothing but respect for SPFDepot.
Cory Boehs
Posted: Dec 04, 2013 07:39 PM
PARTSKING? hmmmm....... doesn't sound like a foam contractor to me, but whatever. We have 5 rigs, multiple guns per rig, and run SPF Depot o-rings in all of them. We have also tried the other discount o-ring supply places. SPF Depot is the best. I second Circle D on their customer service. It's always been top notch.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.