Q&A Forums

serrated knife for trimming foam-where to buy them? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 11:28 PM
serrated knife for trimming foam-where to buy them?
need the 32-34" serrated knives for trimming foam.where can I find these on the internet? I would like to find a manufacturer and deal direct if possible.
the flexible ones are the best! with wooden or plastic handles on one end.
i can trim closer to the studs with one of these.
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 08:15 AM
Could someone please advise as to air powered trimmer/cutter, does it have the rpm to provide a clean straight cut like a power saw would. As hand saws/serrated knifes have a crumbling on the foam which requires alot of clean up. Can I find them on internet.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 17, 2006 05:17 PM
You can buy the serrated knives at http://www.macsimum.com

George
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 06:35 AM
the modified DA sander with the long blade has plenty of power to work open cell...
you must provide clean DRY air, oil regularly...
they like lots of cfm...specially with more than one running and the foam gear running at the same time..
cant imagine trimming an entire house by hand...
you must have forearms like pythons!!
'dude
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 21, 2006 05:57 AM
Dude,

Where do you buy the blades for the sander?

G
Aaron Scurlock
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 10:05 PM
I saw someone using a three foot sawzall blade and doing a darned nice job of trimming.

Who makes THOSE?
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Oct 29, 2006 03:36 PM
I take the long serrated blades and a grinder and make them fit a sawzall work better and longer than any other junk I PAID A FORTUNE FOR
Jeffery Dieu
Posted: Nov 20, 2006 03:56 PM
Can anyone tell me about how much use they are getting out of these blades before they change them. We have sharpened a few but they dont seem to hold an edge long after sharpening.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.