Q&A Forums

Selling Spray Foam to the US Government through CCR website Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 10:38 AM
Selling Spray Foam to the US Government through CCR website
Hello, Ok here is my question. I opened my spray foam company two years ago, times have gotten tough. So now being a Disabled American Veteran I thought, How can I sell my comapny to the Government to get into winning covernment contracts? I have started the application process through the CCR website and taken classes at my local US Military installation contracting office, but now what do I need to do? Am I missing anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx.
quentin
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 03:42 PM
Look for help with the local PTAC, SCORE and SBDC, get to know the prime contractors for the projects going on and look at the state projects too. Good luck too since we have been trying and haven't had much luck. Usually those prime contractors have a nice gig going and keep the same people working for them unless forced to change which means they keep the fiberjunk buddies working and won't give us the time of day no matter how much better we and the products are.
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 11:50 AM
Thanks Quentin. I have found it to be very difficult so far, but as with anything worth doing it's worth doing well. I have found allot of information and red tape to go along with it. I think the Government makes it difficult for a reason. I will however get with my local SBDC and see if I can get some further assistance that way.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 09:23 AM
For those of you who have looked at this post. I have an update. The official word is the US Governments CCR website is down and has been for three months, Go figure! Stimulus money my butt. Anyway, if you directly contact your Small Business Development Center they can help with POC's of KO's who are authorized to send you estimate's for spray foam insulation for US Government contracts.
Curtis Bell
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 08:59 PM
Is this along the same lines as fedbizopps? Im not sure I know what CCR ,POC and KO's are? I too am trying to get my foot in the door. With all of this talk of being "green" you would think they would be calling us?...
Posted: May 01, 2009 08:29 AM
Hello Overspray. Yep it is the same. I just went to a Pre-bid meeting for the State of Colorado where there were 13 different contractors all looking to bid for the same job. Man has competition gotten fierce! I am a Disabled Veteran working in a Hubzone, So we have priority when it comes to winning and bidding for Government or State jobs. This gives us the edge over the competition. A couple of the other contractors were angry with this at the meeting, but you need an edge when bidding for these jobs. Some larger company's who do not have this edge will merge with a small business like mine to gain that edge and bid for Big Government and State jobs.
Posted: Jun 02, 2009 07:28 AM
god bless america,,,
and our $259 toilet seats,,,
and now they are building cars,,,,
this oughta be good,,,,
anyone driving a fiat...lol....
goodnite america howareya???

is see many companies whom have
the "old lady" as the owner to gain
a bidding advantage,,,,and others whom grab
any other "advantage" and later squable about
the "lable" they have put upon themselves,,,,
enjoy!!!

coffee,,,need coffee,,,,

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.