Q&A Forums

Routine Equipment Maintanence Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Trey Gibson
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 09:58 AM
Routine Equipment Maintanence
Do any of you have a sample of a routine maintanence schedule you have for your foam equipment (prop, hose, gun, etc.) that keeps it up and running?
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 08:56 PM
i really only have a schedule for the diesel genset,& the compressor....
the hose is rewrapped as it needs it...
the proportioner gets a new quart of pump lube each month...
the in line supply line screens get checked when i notice a varience in the fluid ratio's (start at the gun and work to the drum...duh)
every air motor gets a couple of drops of oil daily..
i dismantle my Fusion guns daily,,,no grease here...it works best for me..i come back up on ratio the next day...and i use about 1 set of orings a year...(i spray pretty much daily)
we mechanically wash (dishwasher,,or hand wipe with spray and wipes,,, aint rocket science great)our masks each week, as well as wipe the rubber daily with baby butt wipes,,,gives me that way to fresh smell...
the xfer pumps get worked till they start to "flutter" and then they get a kit...
we are always looking,,,listening and watching schtuff work...i personally am really "noise oriented" and can hear a stalling/fluttering drum pump a mile a way....
if you got time for a break,,,check fittings and the like for good connections,,electrical and mechanical,,there is alot of vibration in the course of our processing and the equipment should be considered...
NEVER IGNORE SOMETHING THAT "NEEDS ATTENTION"
it is not going to go away,,,and it will not "work its way out of it"
it will only get worse,,and will break when you need it the most and need the break down the least...mother nature is a b*tch...
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 11:31 AM
"we are always looking,,,listening and watching schtuff work...i personally am really "noise oriented" and can hear a stalling/fluttering drum pump a mile a way...."

A hearty amen.

gcw

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.