Q&A Forums

Roofing overspray control. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Steve Law
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 04:21 PM
Roofing overspray control.
Hello, I am doing my first roofing job this week and it is an apartment block roof with other buildings faily close by. I am worried about overspray of foam and polyurea top coat. The job is not big enough to buy a mobile spray booth but I was hoping someone has some ideas for containing overspray as the chances are it will be windy.

I thought of constructing a 10 feet by ten feet u shaped frame about 3 feet high, lined with that shadecloth /wind break mesh and having my guys move it around for me. Any ideas or links to photos would be appreciated.

I realise proper tip selection and technique will help reduce overspray.
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 10:57 PM
bovvaboy,

Unless you are going to encapsulate the roof in a bubble, DO NOT spray with winds over 10 mph. Spray screens of all shapes and sizes sure can make you look like a pro, but nothing is going to stop the fine mist from making a nice mess on the Beemer parked just across the street. Just as you can't spray in the rain or in high humidity or within a few degrees of dewpoint don't chance spraying if your not sure if its too windy. Weather certainly is the biggest obstacle to overcome with spf roofs. Its a shame, spf roofs don't have very many downfalls, the weather is certainly the biggest.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.