Q&A Forums

roof coating, elastomeric conflex by Sherwin Williams Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
elliot weaver
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 11:58 AM
roof coating, elastomeric conflex by Sherwin Williams
My coating has hundreds of blisters on it, and the contractor doesn't know exactly why. Can someone give me some possible reasons to look for?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 09:40 PM
What kind of coating? How was is applied? Over what surface?
elliot weaver
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 08:14 AM
The roof is poly foam, the coating is an elastomeric coating called conflex, by sherwin williams. It was applied without a primer, with an airless sprayer. The contractor is cutting all the bad places out, priming the spots and recoating them with the same coating.
No one can tell me why this happened in the first place nor if it is going to continue happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
john thompson
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 11:55 AM
It may be that the coating was applied over moisture. Bare puf does not dry off as fast as a preprimed foam would.
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 09:29 AM
There can be a lot of reasons why your having blister issues with an acrylic. Was it a dark color sprayed on a super hot day? If so, the coating filmed (cured), over and trapped moisture under the film, not allowing the water to evap out correctly. Are they little dime/quarter sized areas?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.