Q&A Forums

RIG Maintenance Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Dec 22, 2011 05:42 AM
RIG Maintenance
When I say rig, I mean the trailer and everything in it! Nothing pisses me off more than some contractor yelling that he is down on the jobsite and I know full well this is a lack of maintenance or knowledge.

Post on your walls, write it in black marker if you have too:

Generator - what kind is it, name & number of the local repair shop, maintenance items, who rents these in your area? Change the oil & filters like your supposed too.

Compressor - same thing, only I would recommend having a filter & separator on hand.

Proportioner/sprayer - MANUAL - put that sucker in a binder in the rig! where's the nearest repair center? Keep packing kits onhand. If I breakdown, will I be okay in 24 hrs if I can get the parts? Change the lube fluid and packings!

Hose - is it wrapped well? Is it protected? Do you have a plan if you lost a section or broke the whip?

Gun - Keep some spare parts, and a spare gun ready to roll if you can afford it. Fix the one that broke, if you can't...send it in to your repair center - some have free labor, use it!

Your parts people get yelled at quite a bit, and we are nice as pie!
Lynn Mether
Posted: Dec 22, 2011 02:25 PM
I would like to add that my #1 rule is have spare everything! Seems a little extreme and expensive but just keep a running tally on how much a breakdown costs, not just parts but also lost revenue. Rule #2 have a good supplier that knows you by name, keeps a good inventory, and can overnight whatever you need. Sometimes you will have a repair that you just dont have the right part.
clint moore
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 06:31 PM
We did an article in spray foam magazine a few months back about this.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Dec 28, 2011 06:28 AM
Ok well it's posted here now. I got ticked off when some guy yelled at some co-workers and then tried it on me, hellll NO - he ain't blamin that $&@! on us. I was so mad I even dreamed about this situation, and what I woulda coulda shoulda said!

I didn't know they still have sprayfoam magazine, I have never been able to get my own copy, I will catch it on someone's desk periodically, but not since living in Seattle. I would like to read that article. I don't get much time to do anything else but be momma!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.