Q&A Forums

rig flushing Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
alex bondrea
Posted: Oct 25, 2014 10:33 AM
rig flushing
Hi
I’m not using my equipment frequently not too busy
Last job I did 1.5 months a go and I flush the all system including the hoses and the I add pump lube
My question is how long can I keep the chemicals in the system not to use it??

Is little expensive and take time to flush the system and add pump lube after every job
How you guys did this? Flush the reactor only? Or flush the hoses to???
I’m interesting how other people are dealing whit this
Thanks in advance
mason
Posted: Oct 31, 2014 08:00 AM
A much cheaper way is just to spray a little foam every week or so. This way the liquid in the proportioner and hoses does not have the chance to set up or become contaminated as easily. You can take this opportunity to make samples or conduct training on your new staff.

If you are not going to use the machine for a few months at a time, then a complete flush out would be appropriate. TCP or DOP in the proportioner and hoses should keep the equipment from developing contamination for months at a time.

For example, I used to work with school district maintenance crews that sprayed SPF roofs in the summers and did not use the equipment during the rest of the year. Flushing the equipment well and then filling the unit with TCP or DOP kept the unit til the summer work began again.
alex bondrea
Posted: Nov 09, 2014 09:45 AM
Thank you
Do you flush both sides? Or just A ISO?
Also I like to know what you guys are using. Is just a cleaner enough? Or you add pump oil or lube after flushing whit cleaning agent
mason
Posted: Nov 10, 2014 12:20 PM
The B side typically is OK in the hose, but the A side can set up causing crystals. The B side in the hose that has been sitting for some months may be unusable, but it won't harm the hoses or the machine. Exception to that is in a salty environment like coastal areas. I have seen the B side react with salt air to damage aluminum parts of the machine.
Gerard G
Posted: Jun 04, 2015 05:17 PM
1st post long time reader. When you spray samples to keep unit functioning, do you spray enough to have new product through the lines and proportioner or just a little to move the product? The reason I ask is for example an E-20 w/200' of hose and 20' feed pump lines if my memory serves me right is about 2.5 gallons per side. Thats a lot of samples to put new product in system. Just curious as I always recirculated from gun block back in drums every week but my service tech (30 years exp) said not to do so as I am running the risk of contaminating the product and causing problems.
mason
Posted: Jun 06, 2015 09:30 AM
You don't have to completely flush out the lines with new material. Just get the material flowing about once a week should do the trick. Make some samples, work on spray technique, etc. 20-30 lbs a week does the trick.

Even at $2/lb it is cheaper than a complete flush.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.