Q&A Forums

Restriction in A side Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 05, 2007 08:27 PM
Restriction in A side
I just cleaned out my H20/35Pro lines so that I could store it for a while. We have a bunch of non-foam related work that will keep us out of the rig for several months, plus it's winter here.

Anyway, as I'm pushing out the iso and resin with hydraulic fluid, I noticed that the A-Side was pushing out much slower than the B side. Even when I got all of the iso out and was just recircing the hydraulic fluid, it was not recircing as fast as the B-side. Initially I thought the A was slow because the Iso was not up to temp. I was just pushing the material thru with my drum pumps.

Are there any recommendations for cleaning the A side or is any build up in the line there to stay?

What are some options to try and find where the build up might be? The A-side Y screen/filter was always clean but I was getting some junk at the A-side block screen.

Any suggestions or moral support?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 05, 2007 09:09 PM
Take off the whip hose and see if there is a blockage where the iso whip meets the heated hose.

oG
Michael Flander
Posted: Nov 06, 2007 09:14 AM
Pumping through the system with your stick pumps only is also one of the most inaccurate ways to judge things like that. If the pump on the machine is in the right position, a valve not fully opened, the stick pump itself not up to par, you can see where I am going with this. Try Olger's methad if you are certain you have issues, but you can also keep working your way up the hose to find the culprit.

Use the machine pumps to flush the fluid, this ensures that you are "rinsing" the packings and check balls in the pump, and will give you your best chance at having a working machine when you go to use it in the spring.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 08:53 PM
I've been looking at doing a thorough cleaning before I shut the system down for a while. What is the best process for cleaning and flushing and what is the best fluid to keep in the lines while down?

Had one source suggest to run MEK thru the A line for 4-6 hours with the transfer pumps. Then power up and run fluid thru under pressure while filtering the MEK. Once the line is good and clean, flush with TSL/pump lube and store TSL in line. At almost $100/gal and needing a total of 6+/-gal to fill the lines, that's kind of expensive. I guess that's why several people have suggested using a good hydraulic fluid to flush and store. Have even had some suggest diesel fuel. Thoughts?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.