Q&A Forums

Respirator Question Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 10:03 AM
Respirator Question
Hello To All. I'm a new poster to this site but not new to the industry. As a former equipment suppier Tech Rep (Gusmer&Graco)for 17+ years I have always been on that side of the industry but now, I'm working for a large SPF contractor in NJ. During all those years I have met many great people on the contractor end and have seen how dedicated and possionate they all are with thier companies and SPF in general. With that said, the question I have is with fresh air supplied & combination of FA & cartridge filter full face masks. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of a facemask that has both fresh air & cartridge abilities? Also, what are the true OSHA regs defining the use of fresh air compared to cartidges in our industry? Does anyone use just cartidges when spraying or is it dependant on the job such as a large open commercial application compared to spraying in a attic?
Thanks,
GGuy
quentin
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 05:28 PM
I know 3M makes the mask combo you are looking for. Link on the left to the proper page of their site.

It is their 6000 and 7000 series of masks that can use either filters or supplied air.
Frank Bood
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 05:32 PM
I use a north safety 76008a with both filter and air line.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.