Q&A Forums

Quotation Software Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Jan 05, 2006 03:17 PM
Quotation Software
Does anyone know of a software program that can be run either on a PC or PDA that will simplify the quotation process. Something where you can enter the square footage, the foam being used, and the depth of foam they want, and the program will instantly spit out a price. Subject to the parameters that you have entered - overhead, cost of product, etc.
Posted: Feb 26, 2006 06:25 AM
we built a spreadsheet in excel
i typically bid my jobs by the square foot of sprayed space..so our bid sheet shows each depth of application, with a square foot price, as well as nickle swings on each side of ($.015 in each direction)the "normal" price to allow for some flexibility in the bid quote calculations.
This provides the numbers. i then use these figures to fill in the blanks of a bid quote/proposal to be provided to the customer.
william cole
Posted: May 28, 2006 09:12 AM
foamdude, since i am just getting started in the business, would you please email me a copy of the spreedsheet you so your estimates on. i will be happy to pay. thanks
Posted: May 29, 2006 11:26 PM
i would prefer to decline at this time,,
i am sorry,,
it is not hard to build one in excel though...
william cole
Posted: May 30, 2006 09:15 AM
i have heard that you can make a quotation sheet for a job on the computer. if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it. is there anywhere on the open market that sells estimate sheets for this business
Trey Gibson
Posted: May 31, 2006 09:44 PM
Use excel,

1st- Figure the amount of insulated area per job,

2nd- How much material it will take to insulate said job (open cell vs closed, full cavity vs. nominal, 2x4 vs. 2x6)

3-add up all your expenses including prep, material(use board feet, most contractors measure square foot on the wall that will be insulated, maybe take some out for the windows and doors), labor, overhead, etc.

You can figure out your cost per square foot that way, and then come up with what price you should charge per square foot to get your required profit margin.

Multiply the required price by the job square foot and you have your price.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Jun 01, 2006 01:42 AM
So it is apparent that no one has a tried true program to give accurate quotes for various jobs. Jobs vary on size, accessibility, complex, time, foam density, labor hours, travel, clean up, etc

So here is my question to all of you – If a program was available to quote your jobs in your area to make your time for efficient, and take into consideration all of the above factors into play, is this something that you would take advantage of?

A Program that you can carry with you on your laptop, or have your sales team carry with them to give a hard number to the customer. The sales person would take all measurements – enter them into the computer – select what foam to use in specific areas, and a set charge – include your overhead per hour charge, and give the customer a SOLID QUOTE.

Is this something that you would find beneficial? Your comments/suggestions would be great.

Another thing to think about is if this program could also be incorporated into your company’s web site. If your sales team is on location and books a job, they can have the ability to place it on your schedule thru your company’s site. If you don’t have a site yet, let me know – I have a in house design team that KICKS A**!!!

As a SPF contractor with a heavy computer background, this is something that I think all of us would benefit from. We are all here to do the same thing, so lets work together to minimize the amount of work that we have to do.
John Shockney
Posted: Jun 01, 2006 07:30 AM
Ok, This sounds great!
I am setting up a per square foot estmate based on R-value in my quikbooks accounting program, but a web based program that a salesman or customer could access would be be better.
What is it going to cost????
John
Eric Hill
Posted: Jun 08, 2006 10:35 PM
I have two spread sheets set up, one for rigid(2lb) and one for soft(1/2lb) foam. It takes a little bit to get used to but it works for me. If you would like email me and I will send it to you. They do not give you a quote that you can give your customer,but you know exactly what your profit is!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 09, 2006 08:38 PM
I have an Alpha Five database that I set up in `93. It works well.
william cole
Posted: Jul 02, 2006 07:55 AM
conboy i would like to have a copy of your spreedsheets. thanks
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 11:28 AM
We are actually looking at purchasing UDA Construction Suite 2010. It seems to offer "Green Building" technology, LEED certs and training, BIM modeling, works with Quickbooks, allows the end user to track projects down to the minute,hour,day,week,month and year. Cost breakdown of labor, supply's etc. I need a program that allows me to track and mid bill 40/40/20 to get paid along the way. Most General Contractors I work with require a meeting and a cost vs production and progress reports to accurate time-line for job completion and any update to MSDS material on job site, not to mention safety concerns and procedures. However. It is very expensive at $1800 for 5 or less end users. Will it save us time and money estimating jobs and keeping track of every aspect of our projects. The answer is yes. Can my team take time to learn it and train me to use it? God I hope so. Keep spraying guys! Foams the wave of the future!
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 08:19 PM
Gulf South where are you located?
Todd Baxter
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 08:42 AM
I have a program that demilecusa offers. works great, you can use your phone to do a quick quote too, so take a look at DEMILEC USA.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.