Q&A Forums

Quality and costing of Graco parts lack of support !!! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
B.C Sprayed Insulation
Posted: May 09, 2016 08:58 PM
Quality and costing of Graco parts lack of support !!!
To all contractors

I understand we are all busy , but some how we must come together some how to deal with the outrageous cost increases from Graco and poor quality . I could understand if the equipment was getting better ....but its NOT its getting worse "soft Metal " .

We are having Huge problems with graco hose and hose sensor design when will they admit its a poor design and credit something back also a little support . This is the problem when a company has the monopoly.

I have Been in this industry for 17 years, I'm very happy with the PMC PH-40 its a work horse with NO problems . Keep it simple its always the sensors on everything that breaks down>
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: May 12, 2016 04:26 PM
I know its frustrating, it is frustrating to us distributors as well. There are so many Graco distributors that we barely make a margin on sales any longer, so that sometimes is why 'some' distributors don't wanna file warranties properly or timely, or even at all - I've had to tell on some for not doing it properly. Trust me, been doing parts for 12 years, so I know what they ($) once were, and I have to listen to people gripe about that EVERY single day but we do the best we can to help people stay up and running at a reasonable margin to operate. If I have a lower cost PMC part, I offer it, if there is a known issue with a part, I tell it - so I guess it boils down to who you work with....are they just there to make a quick buck on the sale, or they there to help you when its broke, and there may not be money to be made.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 01, 2016 05:14 PM
SINCE EVERY POSTING ON HERE can be modified, except mine - I won't be posting any longer - good luck with your crap sprayfoammagazine.com - that is really bad the stuff your doing on here.
The above response was to another question, that has obviously been changed!
Graco does a fine job engineering and producing equipment - my response was in regards to prices and distributors not supporting the sales. I am doing my best not to swear about this crap.
Posted: Jun 01, 2016 07:12 PM
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS,

We apologize for whatever is upsetting you. We do not modify any posts in our forums, so we are unsure of what you are referring to here. We would happily discuss this issue with you over the phone 561-768-9793 at your convenience.

Best,
SprayFoamMagazine.com Admin
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 19, 2016 02:58 PM
If you are not getting proper support for your Graco equipment, I can assure you that it is not Graco directly but the distributor that you are dealing with. We have been a top 20 Graco distributor for 6 years running and Graco is always ready to listen if there is an issue. We have also almost never been denied a warranty claim. The issues are what SFG was talking about, too many people don't know what it takes to run a successful business. When someone is selling Graco, or anything else for that matter, at 5% over cost just to get the sale, they can't afford to support the product properly. If they warranty an item for you, they make no money, so they tell you they can't warranty it and sell you another one to make a little more. We have never had a hose warranty denied. It is no different to the SF contractors out there that bid CC foam for 70 cents a bd ft, but then can't afford to do the job properly, have the proper insurance, and go back to fix or touch up a job if there is an issue.

George Spanos
President
Spray Foam Distributors of NE Inc
AirEquipment
Jason Weber Director of Marketing Air Equipment and Repair, Inc.
Posted: Aug 01, 2016 01:37 PM
I would like to echo what George is saying. We have been a Graco distributor for 40 years and have always had great support from them. Whether it be a warranty issue, tech support, etc. What we have noticed in recent years, especially in the spray foam industry is exactly what SFG and SFS are talking about. Too many times we get customers who chase lower prices elsewhere (understandable as it looks like a great deal to the naked eye) but just don't get the support down the road they need. Needless to say, they almost always end up bringing the equipment to us for either warranty or repair work. My suggestion is find a reputable Graco distributor that is also an authorized warranty and repair center. You may pay a little more up front but the technical service and warranty support you'll receive in return is well worth it and will likely save you a ton of money and headaches in the future.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.