Q&A Forums

Protecting windows - fast and efficiently? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
John Birch
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 09:39 AM
Protecting windows - fast and efficiently?
Anyone out there have any good ideas about window protection? Been using the classic plastic/staples route, which works fine, but wastes tons of plastic and can be time consuming.

Seems like there might be some sort of semi-self adhesive film/plastic that would stick in place and maybe throw a couple of tacks in to hold it.

Just trying to operate a little more efficiently with less waste... Thanks for the thoughts.

jb
John Shockney
Posted: Apr 01, 2008 10:06 AM
A hammer tacker type stapler works good and holds more staples than the gun. I find it faser too.

thanks
AIRPRO
Raymond Brooks
Posted: Apr 03, 2008 08:54 PM
We have plastic on a roll that is 33" wide centerfold. It is perfect for windows and you can open it up for double windows or French Doors. It is quick with staple hammer, and minimal waste. 3000' roll, 1 mil. $210. We order it by the pallet if anyone wants to try a roll.
Posted: Apr 08, 2008 05:54 PM
we got a stack of tarps that are like a gazillion years old,,,full of staples and holes and foam...we staple these tarps over the winders and tubs and fireplaces and they work good...we tear em off and move em to the next floor and do it again...some of these boogers are approachin 4 years service..call me earl...cheap earl...since they are solid colors we do not get blinded by the light when around winders,,which is where you need to see the most go figure...yep its dark,,but we have these thingys called lights,,and they make light...
we have large tarps for floors,,and little tarps for winders,,,and medium tarps for garage doors,,
when we use plastic we use black to reduce the light glare(been told i do my best work in the dark but i digress)...and shrink wrap is a preppers freind....

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.